• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Government advice discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
To be fair, it uses “should” and “should not” rather than “must” and “must not”.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
According to a friend of mine, their supermarket's 3 item limit was applied to individual bottles of ale ! There was, however nothing to stop you getting three bottles of gin.

In my local Tesco, they have put barriers on the alcohol aisle and you have to speak with a member of staff for them to fetch the alcohol you want.

Probably to stop some of the locals bulk-buying and causing a scene at the check-out when they can't buy 6 cases of the same Lager

krus_aragon

Established Member

Bantamzen

Established Member
Very worrying news coming out of France today, reports of domestic violence are up a third in a single week. I'm sad to say that I would not be at all surprised if the UK follows a similar trend.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Very worrying news coming out of France today, reports of domestic violence are up a third in a single week. I'm sad to say that I would not be at all surprised if the UK follows a similar trend.

Not the sort of thing I would engage in, but I've posted before that I'm glad I'm on my own in the house as I'd be tripping over anyone else who was there by now.

Bantamzen

Established Member
Not the sort of thing I would engage in, but I've posted before that I'm glad I'm on my own in the house as I'd be tripping over anyone else who was there by now.

Its not easy, especially when two people are used to both working away from the home. My wife is spending a fair amount of time in the craft room painting at the moment, and we are not the sort to argue let alone fight, but its still adding pressure onto both of us right now. I'm sure the same is true the length & breadth of every country currently in these measures. I dread to think what its like with a full family, my son-in-law has four children currently knocking around the house driving him and my daughter-in-law spare! As time goes on, these are the kinds of considerations that will have to start taking more focus in government minds.

Meerkat

Established Member
Divorce lawyer boom time is after Christmas, when couples/families spend more time together.
They are going to be tragically busy soon.

KevinTurvey

More confusing information, this seems at odds with what the media are showing

Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

Last edited by a moderator:

Domh245

Established Member

edwin_m

Veteran Member
There is no doubt an official definition of HCID but the name is confusing to the casual reader. If we take account of the lack of immunity in the general population I'd say it was high consequence to society even if the risk to an individual is low.

Meerkat

Established Member
There is no doubt an official definition of HCID but the name is confusing to the casual reader. If we take account of the lack of immunity in the general population I'd say it was high consequence to society even if the risk to an individual is low.
It’s a scientific/admin scale rather than a newspaper drama scale so is far more restrained
Covid will not kill a significant proportion of the population, the scale needs a lot of space on the worse side - an Ebola that spread as easily as Covid would definitely be High consequence, and beyond that there could be something that actually threatens the existence of us as a species.

Howardh

Established Member
Double-edge sword for me; when I "moved back home" to look after mum and dad (now both deceased) they left me a large house and garden which is a godsend - far better than a one-bedroom flat which has always sufficed! But there's no social contact at all, the neighbours are spread out behind large fences, so I'm feeling very alone.
However I've noticed many walking up and down the pavement outside, and managed to chat with a few. Even gave a bloke I'd never seen before some of my grass cuttings for his guinea-pig!
But how long I can cope with this - ???

Howardh

Established Member
It’s a scientific/admin scale rather than a newspaper drama scale so is far more restrained
Covid will not kill a significant proportion of the population, the scale needs a lot of space on the worse side - an Ebola that spread as easily as Covid would definitely be High consequence, and beyond that there could be something that actually threatens the existence of us as a species.
Pedantically Covid kills no-one, 100% of us all will die of heart failure!! That's waht i read anyway. But obviously the diseases and viruses that weaken the heart...

Status
Not open for further replies.