• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Government Collapsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Has anyone noticed over the last few weeks that our government, everything to do with labour, seems to be collapsing?!

I think the chances of a Labour run government, or at least, a Tony Blair Labour run government, still existing at the end of the year, seems to be highly unlikely!?

:???: :rolleyes: :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
David said:
Has anyone noticed over the last few weeks that our government, everything to do with labour, seems to be collapsing?!

I think the chances of a Labour run government, or at least, a Tony Blair Labour run government, still existing at the end of the year, seems to be highly unlikely!?

:???: :rolleyes: :(

I agree. Labour are becoming a diesaster!

devon_metro

Established Member
I don't see how on earth they were re-elected for a second term. IMO it was a disaster before with immigration and what such...

Tom B

Established Member
They say a week is a long time in politics - perhaps this should be scaled down to 24 hours.

Chuckie Clarke and his trouble with foreign nationals being released incorrectly, Prescott and his antics (whichever woman he had an affair with should be admitted to a mental hospital - coincidentally in the care of) Patricia Hewitt being chanted at and slow clapped, Cherie Blair getting £7,000 for hairdressers, Tessa Jowell and her husband's dodgy deals... and that's so far this year...

It appears to be a dangerous profession, too, I think 5 MPs have died since the last election a year ago!

Edit: actually Labour have just tightened up on immigration law AFAIK. However some people will treat the Daily Mail as their bible...

David

Established Member
Talking of MP's, this reminds me of something I read not so long back....

A sobering thought..!.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little over 500 employees, yet has the following statistics?

29 have been accused of spouse abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad cheques

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

They are members of the British Houses of Parliament, that's the same group that produces hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in check.

Dave A

But can we really say that the Liberals or Conny's would do any better? I know who I'd vote for If I had the chance, but thats not for here... ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Thats been going around for ages, I doubt the statistics are still accurate.

Dennis

Established Member
I've always thought of Tony Bliar as being one of those people who you just want to punch...that silly grin and holy attitude. I'm glad his government is getting some stick at last, they seem to have had an easy ride for too long thanks to an ineffective opposition.

Mind you, at least you know where you stand with Mr. Bliar - you know that all he speaks is bo**ocks, rhetoric and empty promises.

The thought of Gordon Brown being PM fills me with horror - he seems able to get away with so much. Where's my pension cash gone?? Why am I paying more tax now than ever before?? Why is the government running such a huge deficit (that will have to be paid off in the future)??

By the way - if you want to know what your MP does, check this out...http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/

Tom B

Established Member
Interesting - mine claims the most "Additional Cost Allowance" - hah, yeah, you need loads of money living in Doncaster don't you... and she voted for ID cards and the terrorism bill... aaargh.

TheSlash

Established Member
I can't see that they are any worse than usual. These people do exactly as they please once elected anyway, like the general election, i don't remember the ballot paper including "Labour Tony Blair, but to be susbstituted in the 2nd half"

Dave A

IMO, I think people are starting to realise enough is enough. For a long time we've sat back and been told what to do, but with the local elections coming up, people know its time to take action and show that we're not gonna take s**t from Labour anymore!

Gordon Brown as PM :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: God No! But, it looks likely as I don't think Tony will be around much longer! :confused:

TheSlash

Established Member
I can't see how they can legally plan to change over like this, surely they has to be some sort of law against it?

Dave A

TheSlash said:
I can't see how they can legally plan to change over like this, surely they has to be some sort of law against it?
I persume its a "planned retirement", which means, as with any job, someone will have to take their place, in this case Gordon *shivers* Brown.

Dennis

Established Member
TheSlash said:
....like the general election, i don't remember the ballot paper including "Labour Tony Blair, but to be susbstituted in the 2nd half"

You didn't - you only voted for your constituency MP; the party can choose who it likes as prime minister (which is how also John Major came to power).

If not Tony Bliar or Gordon Brown for PM, who should we have? There is a fine selection of labour MP's to choose from; how about David Blunkett, Stephen Byers, Charles Clarke, John Prescott Tessa Jowell or any of the fine, upstanding, honest, hardworking candidates?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Harry Potter said:
<snip>
They are members of the British Houses of Parliament, that's the same group that produces hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in check.

That's been doing the rounds for a while for loads of other countries and simply isn't true (in the UK Parliament anyway)
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/congress.htm

Tom B

Established Member
It's most certainly been an interesting day today... Chuckie should have gone at least a week ago, though it was inevitable.

The Snap

Established Member
I also agree with David. In simple terms, Labour stink! :p I personally have a particular problem with the Iraq war, and the transport secretary, Alistair Darling, whom IMO is a pratt!

The war should never have gone ahead, and even if it did, our troops should have been withdrawn months ago. Why are our troops till there getting killed by Iraqi suicide bombers? Surely if the Iraqis want to get rid of us, then we should go?! Blair stinks, Bush stinks more, and labour are pratts.

Conservatives for me or anything instead of labour (except the BNP, who should be banned!)

PS: I'm not after an argument, so please don't start having a go at me for my opinion. ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
I also agree with David. In simple terms, Labour stink! :p I personally have a particular problem with the Iraq war, and the transport secretary, Alistair Darling, whom IMO is a pratt!

The war should never have gone ahead, and even if it did, our troops should have been withdrawn months ago. Why are our troops till there getting killed by Iraqi suicide bombers? Surely if the Iraqis want to get rid of us, then we should go?! Blair stinks, Bush stinks more, and labour are pratts.

Conservatives for me or anything instead of labour (except the BNP, who should be banned!)

PS: I'm not after an argument, so please don't start having a go at me for my opinion. ;)

Couldn't agree with you more ;)

What's wrong with the BNP then :p

T

Tom

But, wait, the valid comment, should we really be letting a guy looking like this be our transport secretary:

The Snap

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
What's wrong with the BNP then :p
They are narrow-minded, racist idiots, with very little respect for people. They should be banned from parliament, and imprisoned.

I do feel that they will pick up more support though, sadly, as the youth of today are more racist than previous generations in my opinion. :(

tubechallenger said:
But, wait, the valid comment, should we really be letting a guy looking like this be our transport secretary:

Just looks like a pr*ck to me! :D

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
They are narrow-minded, racist idiots, with very little respect for people. They should be banned from parliament, and imprisoned.

I do feel that they will pick up more support though, sadly, as the youth of today are more racist than previous generations in my opinion. :(

Just looks like a pr*ck to me! :D

Lol, i bet he is!

Regarding BNP, in a way they are racist and sometimes completly over the top although like all parties they have good and bad policies. I don't think they should be banned as then for people who are like the BNP they have nobody to vote for, and therefore have to vote for the next best thing. Everybody deserves an opinion, regardless of what they think, or their culture or religion etc.

Not saying i'm for the BNP, but i feel that Labour are complete idiots and apear not to be able to handle immigration, which is ok in moderation. BNP being the complete opposite of the scale. This being the reason i would mainly support Conservative.

Tom B

Established Member
Alistar Darling isn't the Transport Secretary ;).

The way for the BNP to be defeated is at the polls, NO-ONE should be banned from Parliament. This would undermine the principles of democracy - you should not ban a party because you don't like them, but defeat them via elections.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Alistar Darling isn't the Transport Secretary ;).

The way for the BNP to be defeated is at the polls, NO-ONE should be banned from Parliament. This would undermine the principles of democracy - you should not ban a party because you don't like them, but defeat them via elections.

You have a point. Everyoje has the right to free speech, but surely if they have free speech which offends and hurts others, then it should be controlled?

Tom B

Established Member
That is a sticky point.

If something is objectionable, where does one draw the line? Too close and you cut off any oppostion, too far away and people can get away with anything.

H

HR2

Rich said:

Not quite true Rich. In my youth in the fifties people were far more racist than today. When the first West Indians were brought here by London transport very few people were willing to offer them a home. The trade union movement were also vehemently opposed to them bring employed in industry too. Young folk today are far more tolerant.

Dave A

as the youth of today are more racist than previous generations in my opinion.

ROFL - Rich, not being nasty, but where did you get that rubbish from ;)

I'd vote BNP, if they dropped all the racism rubbish. They seem to be the only party that actually realises this country is called ENGLAND! I'm fed up with hearing about us helping the americans in a pointless war, 100+ prisoners who should be deported have been sent free or this and that has to be changed because this religion and that minority don't like it. STUFF EM I SAY!

The fact is that this country and its government have lost its way. Last time I checked we were called England and its time to remind people of that!

Dave A

That's what I'm saying - I don't! I live in London, the capital of England. The way I elect my officials is through a English parliament and the people who gave us our freedom all those years ago, were fighting for ENGLAND!

Tom B

Established Member
They were fighting for Britain... London is the capital of Britain...

Status
Not open for further replies.