• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Graffiti on our trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respite

Personally I hate graffiti, it just sums up modern life. Mc d's, chav's , car culture, big brother. I see places on my travels driving trains where some victorian designer has carefully sculpted stone into an almost perfect art form just to be adorned 100 years later by some **** who thinks he is an artist with some crap that looks pants. FFS just go & inhale the fumes, do the planet a favour & die. All you are doing is adding to a TOC's budget forcing them to account for the cost in there overall yearly figure. Thing is they all get stoked about how much a modern artist they are with their can of ****e that they can't see that all they are doing is making a complete mess of everything around them. If you are 14years old or just mentally retarded then I'm sure it looks great, but the rest of the human race just see's it ass a messy pile of wa*k.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We are all entitled to our opinions, but some people are taking this thread too far and threatening individual users. Please stop it.

Craig

Established Member
Regardless of what your opinion of each particular piece of 'work' is, both videos contain acts of vandalism.

P156KWJ

Established Member
The worst nations for this type of crime are Sweden, Germany and Great Britain. Although Germany and Sweden seem to be a lot worse, as the BTP have come down hard on offenders in the UK. I can remember southern slam door stock like CIGs and VEPs used to have a lot inside the train (although more commonly scratched windows). In Nottingham an 'enhanced' CCTV system is being installed on every but, colour ACTIA with internal TVs on both decks, and instead of the usual 1fps, it is at least 4fps. In the early days of the system a lad set fire to a double deck bus on the 48 service to Clifton. He was caught days later and prosecuted. I rarely see graffiti on our buses these days. I used to see it daily, I can remember a tagger called 'RTN' and 'Form' who usually went around together etched their name in to just about every window on Strelley services. RTN I assume has been caught, as you never see the name, but Form has gotten a lot worse and I've seen his work in places like Sheffield and Manchester too.
Mojo, that U-Bahn video frightens me slightly. Although the Camden Town offenders (and Brixton the year after) had no intention on hurting anyone as far as I know, but they quite blatantly did. The Tunnel-Bahn in Stockholm suffers similar attacks. The video which used to be on Youtube of the worst stuff was flagged so many times it was removed (amazing eh? a video removed by them!)

Ben

Anyone seen 'FA' around West Yorkshire & in particular Huddersfield? Little **** been caught a few weeks ago.

RonS

One of the cornerstones of English law is that we all respect each others person and property. If the majority of us ignored this chaos would reign. It seems to me that daubing up anothers property, irrespective of how good the art is, without the owners permission is striking at the heart of this law. Also can some one enlighten me as to whether these graffiti artists cover the outside of their own property with the same enthusiasm.

mbonwick

Established Member
In Nottingham an 'enhanced' CCTV system is being installed on every but, colour ACTIA with internal TVs on both decks, and instead of the usual 1fps, it is at least 4fps. In the early days of the system a lad set fire to a double deck bus on the 48 service to Clifton. He was caught days later and prosecuted. I rarely see graffiti on our buses these days. I used to see it daily

I've now got to have CCTVon my bus - not because it gets graffti on its regular route, but because Stagecoach are so stupid. They have a pool of older buses for School Contracts from Kendal that had graffti when they arrived. Use them on school runs? no, use the prestine 55 reg NEW Dennis Tridents and then inflict CCTV on the old grannys who have to suffer the buses in service!

P156KWJ

Established Member
I've now got to have CCTVon my bus - not because it gets graffti on its regular route, but because Stagecoach are so stupid. They have a pool of older buses for School Contracts from Kendal that had graffti when they arrived. Use them on school runs? no, use the prestine 55 reg NEW Dennis Tridents and then inflict CCTV on the old grannys who have to suffer the buses in service!

think that's bad - they use 07 reg Scania OmniDekkas and 08 reg Optare Versas for ours :shock: but to be fair, the oldest bus in the NCT fleet is an R reg Dennis Arrow :lol:

What really sickens me is, that you tube allow criminal acts like that , to be shown to a wider audenice<(

Status
Not open for further replies.