• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Bradford - Increasingly Popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When the GC Bradford service first started it carried more fresh air than passengers, but it seems to be growing ever more popular. I noticed a significant crowd on platform 1 at Donny this morning waiting for the 0831 to London, and I was staggered at how busy the train was when it left. It was already very well loaded on arrival and pretty much full on departure. Is this reflective of the loadings in general or just because this service is particularly well timed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EWS 58038

There is always the issue that a new product must settle in before being used well. The first few years of the running of a train is loss making. In that period people can experience your product and if they like it a magical thing happens. People start telling friends about the good experience they had on the train. Soon those people will try for themselves... In three years time your train can be packed.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Just had a look. £11.50 for Bradford to London - a journey of 3h 30m. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Is that really affordable for an open access operator?

red_star

I try and use GC over EC if I can. Depending on Times/Price. If you can handle the go slow between Doncaster and West Yorks then this is a very good service, as it almost takes as long to get to Wakefield from Doncaster, as it does from London to Doncaster. Wakefield Kirkgate station improvements can only add to the benefits of this service.

Established Member
Went past both Brighouse and Mirfield on Wednesday and both had decent numbers of people waiting for a GC southbound service, so not just Bradford it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.