• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

prd101

I've just noticed that Grand Central have cancelled their 1230 Sunderland to KX service today.

Does anyone think this is likely to happen tomorrow as well?

Also, I was wondering, is there any options if someone has a Grand Central Only ticket (in my case York to Kings Cross Off Peack Rtn - £61) to travel on other services in the event of cancellation?

Obviously I can travel on the other GC services that day, but would GC refund tickets, or could they be used on East Coast services somehow?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

railwayperson

Pah! We can run services on the heritage railway I work at in the snow, even with frozen points, and on time! Why is the national rail network incapable of running through snow?

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
To answer the original question :roll: :

I think you'd be perfectly within your rights to jump on EC services. If you get charged extra on board, I'd just pay up, then send the tickets to GC

Royston Vasey

Established Member
To answer the original question :roll: :

I think you'd be perfectly within your rights to jump on EC services. If you get charged extra on board, I'd just pay up, then send the tickets to GC

Normal practice is that GC staff are on hand at the station to dish out replacement interavailable tickets.

To the OP, hope you have a smooth journey.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
DO NOT JUST JUMP ON BOARD AN EAST COAST SERVICE!!!!

You should find a representative of GC (or failing that another TOC) before boarding another TOCs service, to arrange alternative transport means. This could be an EC service, but if you just jump on board and no arrangement has been made with EC, you could end up with a hefty bill. TOC specific tickets cannot be excessed for use on another train operators service.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
DO NOT JUST JUMP ON BOARD AN EAST COAST SERVICE!!!!

You should find a representative of GC (or failing that another TOC) before boarding another TOCs service, to arrange alternative transport means. This could be an EC service, but if you just jump on board and no arrangement has been made with EC, you could end up with a hefty bill. TOC specific tickets cannot be excessed for use on another train operators service.

Disagree.

If GC cancel their train, you're perfectly within your rights to take the next one to get to your destination

There are two options open to GC, that is to arrange Ticket Acceptance with EC and Northern for passage for their customers, this was done far too frequently for NXEC's liking back in the Summer of 2008 when GC were in a mess and I believe that NXEC stopped this practice, around the same time of the incident that NXEC refused EMT ticket acceptance when the MML was up the spout.

Now GC have to issue full fare tickets for their customers to use EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.