• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central - Coach H

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWK

Hi Chaps

I've just booked tickets for Sunday 29th May from KGX to DON travelling by Grand Central. Booking through the GC website I've been allocated seats in Coach H - didn't think GC units went above F

Aware there's engineering works that weekend leading to revised timetables/diagrams, so does this mean the service I'm getting is going to be worked by a pair of 180s (is that possible?)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Its entirely feasable the bradford and sunderland services are running combined as far as doncaster, splitting there and running as separate services north. Obviously they can only do this with 180's unless the HST formation is being extended. I cant see that being the case tho as that would probably be more hassle than its worth despite there being spare stock at Heaton, not to mention platform lengths

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
Yes, it looks like there may be some splitting going on

1D93 1647 KGX - BDI 1932 (DON 1821-1825)
1N94 1828 DON - SUN 2020

AWK

Hi Chaps

Another random question (sorry!):

On 29th May, when I'm travelling back from London in Coach H of (what I now realise is) a 10-car 180 set, the inbound (i.e. to London) journey, which I presume will also be 10 cars, seems to have a strange manoeuvre scheduled at New Barnet - New Barnet Signal K133 - New Barnet per RTT (http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y71324/2016/05/29/advanced)

Any ideas what that's all about??

Thanks

AWK

KatieLouLou

Hi Chaps

Another random question (sorry!):

On 29th May, when I'm travelling back from London in Coach H of (what I now realise is) a 10-car 180 set, the inbound (i.e. to London) journey, which I presume will also be 10 cars, seems to have a strange manoeuvre scheduled at New Barnet - New Barnet Signal K133 - New Barnet per RTT (http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y71324/2016/05/29/advanced)

Any ideas what that's all about??

Thanks

AWK

Engineering work between New Barnet and Finsbury Park. All up trains travel over the down main between those points, and the train needs to reverse over the trailing crossover south of New Barnet. (So through New Barnet, stop at signal, reverse over crossover back into New Barnet; Reverse again and continue to Finsbury Park. No reversal needed at Finsbury Park as that is a facing crossover (in that direction!)). Down trains travelling over the down slow line.

Status
Not open for further replies.