• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
99.99% confirmed to be the 1342 ex Sunderland and 1820 ex Kings Cross on December 16th.

Thanks to various members of GC staff who told me this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demps

Just realised your into clag as much as me sir 'clagalot' heh, anyway, excellent, wished the time was a little earlier though, going to be dark when she hits york.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm gonna be busy with my 23rd birthday this Sunday, so if it is this Sunday I'm not going to be able to do it.

Still, bring it on!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I was finding GC runs for this Saturday just gone on online journey searches. The ones terminating at York were showing as going to Sunderland too.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It was running? Did it run to London? If so, I'd have gone for some photos...

Definately can't make it this weekend if it happens, I have a little over a tenner left for now...I honestly can't believe I spent about £230 in less than 2 weeks!!!<(

Soon, my pretty...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
*Flails wildly*

*Gets out whistle and horn*

And can I wait? No! Might be out next week for a GC run! Gotta be done!

*Runs to look up cheap tickets to Sunderland*

Nick W

Established Member
Pfft platform 9 3/4 at King's cross is more likely to exist than Grand Central's first service.

me123

Established Member
Pfft platform 9 3/4 at King's cross is more likely to exist than Grand Central's first service.

What? It doesn't exist? :sad::(

Anyway, if the service does run, fantastic news! Been hoping GC get going; they alls eem so dedicated to the customer.

BOSCH

Sorry guys but Im on the defensive again,platform 9 3/4's does exist,wander down pl8 and follow the signs to pl 9,10,11 and lo and behold you'll see Harrys trolley merging into the wall !!!:p:p:p:p

As for us,well you muggles will just have to wait and see wont you !!!:lol::lol::lol:

T

Tom

Sorry guys but Im on the defensive again,platform 9 3/4's does exist,wander down pl8 and follow the signs to pl 9,10,11 and lo and behold you'll see Harrys trolley merging into the wall !!!:p:p:p:p

As for us,well you muggles will just have to wait and see wont you !!!:lol::lol::lol:

Bosch, you're a wizard. ;)

BOSCH

Bosch, you're a wizard. ;)

Well lets hope I'm flying on monday !! new broom on the east coast and all that ! you'll have to excuse me,I'm feeling tired and Hagred !!!;);):lol::lol:

I'll get me coat !!!;)

T

Tom

Well, let's hope your Valentamaster 3000 doesn't fail on you then!

1D53

Established Member
Clearly Bosch has been reading the entire Harry Potter collection while waiting for services to start......

:D

djw1981

Established Member
So did you have to make a second ORR application and inspection for the new tmetable period as we were told you would?

adambro

Is the service really going to commence on Sunday? I'm aware of no official announcement which surprises me because otherwise how is anyone going to know it is available.

Sir_Clagalot

No to both djw1981 and adambro!!
Service *could* start Monday, depending on staff training and the set being presentable!

There will no doubt be a full press launch in the new year, possibly when we have all three sets and are able to run the full timetable.#
Watch this space!

David

Established Member
Service *could* start Monday, depending on staff training and the set being presentable!!

The set did look very presentable to me earlier this week. Just need to move all the spare HVV and your bags from the seats :razz: :lol:

adambro

Whenever the services starts, the train is going to be somewhat quiet if no announcement is made prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.