• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It's been mentioned the failures of the MTU's are due to carbon deposits in the fuel clogging the filters thus meaning they need to be changed more often that is needed. And using not very good quality diesel (Heaton should really stop going to tescos). Although it does beg the question why does'nt it affect the valenta's. different filter system perhaps?

On another note anyboby know whats pencilled in to do the 1127 from KGX on friday?

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Established Member
On another note anyboby know whats pencilled in to do the 1127 from KGX on friday?

Nothing - GC are already anticipating that they can't run that service as they've got naff all trains working ;)

Nothing - GC are already anticipating that they can't run that service as they've got naff all trains working ;)

your no good i've got me ticket and seat booked ;) hope its a HST set with a valley on the first class end PC so i can enjoy the music:D

Royston Vasey

Established Member
It's been mentioned the failures of the MTU's are due to carbon deposits in the fuel clogging the filters thus meaning they need to be changed more often that is needed. And using not very good quality diesel (Heaton should really stop going to tescos). Although it does beg the question why does'nt it affect the valenta's. different filter system perhaps?

That was what happened with a lot of the early conversions (exhaust fires etc) but is this definitely what is happening now? I wondered if given the more extensive modifications done to these test-bed PCs may mean there were likely to be more and different problems.

Lampshade

Established Member
Was thinking that myself - do you actually drive any trains these days :lol:

1N28 has problems last night running over 45mins late North of York due to 43468 being dead weight on the rear :oops:

Poor old Val having to do all the work :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

caliwag

i am sure you all fall about laughing but can I just ask all you bastar* HST admin people to sort out that silly verification window. As a colour blind person (I only drive trains up to 100 mph!) I cannot interpret your stupid window...so no sign in...what the hell is the point?:(

well i'm happy got 43123 doing the pulling and 43468 doing the pushing so let the valenta sing:D, and singing it is happy day's. i noticed the bullet hole where 123 but the foot out of bed looks nice..:D

jopsuk

Veteran Member
"already"? They're late. East Coast has been open for bookings for the Christmas period for a few weeks.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Sorry about the stupid question, but this is from someone who couldn't give about rolling stock, but how many Adelantes do GC own/lease, and how many HSTs do they own/lease, and what are the set numbers, and any names they have? Just curious. Thanks.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry about the stupid question, but this is from someone who couldn't give about rolling stock, but how many Adelantes do GC own/lease, and how many HSTs do they own/lease, and what are the set numbers, and any names they have? Just curious. Thanks.
In theory they could form three HST sets, however until recently some of the trailers had not been released by the company who carried out the refurbishment (due to a dispute). Once all the power cars and trailers are refurbished then in theory there would be three complete sets. They have 6 power cars (currently 2 Valentas, 2 MTUs, and 2 being converted at the moment).

The HSTs are now owned by Angel, who bought them from Sovereign earlier this year (link).

I have no interest in the 180s and try to avoid them so I'll let someone else answer that!

96tommy

Hope this helps!!!

Class 43 HST's
43065 (At Brush Traction, Loughborough)
43067 (At Brush Traction, Loughborough)
43468 (ex 43068)
43480 (ex 43080)

43065, 067, 084, 123 will become 43465, 467 (43067), 484 (43084) 523 (43123)

Class 180 "Zephyrs/Adelantes"
180107 "HART OF THE NORTH"
180112 "JAMES HERRIOT"

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Could somebody tell me the Grand Central 180 heading southbound through Peterbrough at around 13:30 on Thursday (21st)

Thank You

Last edited:

OMGitsDAVE

Just saw this;

Monday 6th December

We are planning to run our scheduled service Today, amendments will appear below.

Passengers with Grand Central Only Tickets may use East Coast services at no extra cost Today, subject to capacity limits.

East Coast Customers may use Grand Central services at no extra coast Today, subject to capacity limits.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Just saw this;

Monday 6th December

We are planning to run our scheduled service Today, amendments will appear below.

Passengers with Grand Central Only Tickets may use East Coast services at no extra cost Today, subject to capacity limits.

East Coast Customers may use Grand Central services at no extra coast Today, subject to capacity limits.

According to Metro they didn't run the 1022 from Bradford or the 1050 from London and the 1420 from London was scheduled to finish at Wakefield Westgate (after calling at Kirkgate). And as it says on the page they not running the last service either way - so just one full length run for the day!

brompton rail

Just saw this;

Monday 6th December

Unless you were going on the Yorkshire services, most of which were cancelled, as usual!

Eric

According to Metro they didn't run the 1022 from Bradford or the 1050 from London and the 1420 from London was scheduled to finish at Wakefield Westgate (after calling at Kirkgate). And as it says on the page they not running the last service either way - so just one full length run for the day!

I bet that was sparsely populated :D

DarloRich

Veteran Member
0641 (1A60) from Sunderland to Kings Cross was terminated at York due the the development of a brake fault. Very slow running on the up slow form Northallerton. However the train was only 3 late into Northallerton so it must have got worse going south. Service was formed of 43486 on the front and 43084 on the rear
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The 0918 service from Sunderland to London Kings Corss has also been canceled due to "adverse weather conditions" - Hope the 1230 runs becuase i am booked on that south form York!

Status
Not open for further replies.