• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
The nxec interlopers are using the durham coast for diversion due to line blocked between ncle and darlington for the next 3-4 weekends for engineering work

...and I'm going southbound on one this Sunday - looking forward to some proper traction (I've only done it on a 156 / Pacer before).

Would love it if Grand Central stopped in Doncaster (or even Retford) to use them as an alternative from Sheffield to London - shame to see them flying past so fast but never used one yet.

BOSCH

In that case you probably saw me taking a phot of it at York before departure, wasn't there two in the cab? Did you have a trainee with you or do GC sometimes have a 2nd man? Anyway was a good performance, walked down the back to listen to 67 under the roof on departure!

Would this be you in the cab then sir?

That is indeed me,BOSCH in the chair on the right as you look at it,my identity has been revealed,I am the trainee BTW,Lol !!! <D:lol::lol:

Darandio

Established Member
That is indeed me,BOSCH in the chair on the right as you look at it,my identity has been revealed,I am the trainee BTW,Lol !!! <D:lol::lol:

As in right as we look at it or the right hand seat if sat in the cab? If it is right as we look at it, I have now seen you twice. And you never waved!

BOSCH

As in right as we look at it or the right hand seat if sat in the cab? If it is right as we look at it, I have now seen you twice. And you never waved!

On the right as you look at the cab from the platform.When and where have I never waved ? :oops:

Established Member

Well if he was driving it would be the chair that is on the right as we look at it.

Darandio

Established Member
Northallerton twice. Mind you, I never waved either so I cannot imagine you waving at some crank at the end of the platform! :D

But from now on, I know who you are! (Makes me sound like a serial killer!) Are you on the 12:30 on the 17th by any chance?

BOSCH

But from now on, I know who you are! (Makes me sound like a serial killer!) Are you on the 12:30 on the 17th by any chance?

OMG,I have a stalker !! LOL !!:lol::lol::lol: As for 17th,not sure,willhave to check my roster,;)

BOSCH

Well, if you are on, one hopes for maximum thrash at every opportunity ;)<D

You wont get any thrash to hartlepool unless you're sat at the back,run with front pc shut down to hartlepool where we then start it up !! <(

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thankfully we'll be at the back. I am surprised the front power car isn't started before Hartlepool, it's some miles to run on just one engine! Which means I can only count the rear one for haulage. MegaGrr.

*JW walks off tutting*

EDIT: And aye, I'm not sitting in the middle of the set away from any thrash! Stuff THAT!

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSCH

Well, if you are on, one hopes for maximum thrash at every opportunity ;)<D

Just checked my roster for 17th,I wont be driving the 1230 as I will be bringing that set up from KX into s/land at 1150 off 1N25 so if you want both PC's then get to Hartlepool earlier and ride into s/land !!! <D:D;)

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Interesting article from Tom Clift on the GC website from late December, don't think that has been quoted in this thread, stating:

Firstly, we await with bated breath the deliberations of the Office of Rail Regulation (ORR) as to whether they will grant us the rights to operate an extra train each way (0918 Sunderland to London and 1918 London to Sunderland.) They have recently advised us that their decision will not now be forthcoming until the end of January/beginning of February. We have been offered two train sets (Class 180s) to operate the extra services and provide spare coverage, so if “The man from the ORR, he say yes” then we would look to start the extra services in May.

mealybar

Interesting article from Tom Clift on the GC website from late December, don't think that has been quoted in this thread, stating:

Firstly, we await with bated breath the deliberations of the Office of Rail Regulation (ORR) as to whether they will grant us the rights to operate an extra train each way (0918 Sunderland to London and 1918 London to Sunderland.) They have recently advised us that their decision will not now be forthcoming until the end of January/beginning of February. We have been offered two train sets (Class 180s) to operate the extra services and provide spare coverage, so if “The man from the ORR, he say yes” then we would look to start the extra services in May.

Thanks for the heads up. I've just read the whole thing and think it's a very honest account of where they are and good to hear the points he aims to improve.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Going over to their site to have a bit of a gander in a minute, will comment further on the potential use of 180s then.

For the benefit of BOSCH, if we are in place on Saturday morning for N25, we'll wave as you come in at Hartlepool. If not, we'll be on the 1230 off Sunderland. Even with the news I received yesterday, I'm determined to get up there for the track and of course some thrash with GC <D

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Anyone got an idea what happened this morning? First southbound service was showing as cancelled throughout on NRE at about 10am this morning but the 11.27 did run from Kings Cross, so something unusual must have happened? Did a set run ECS to Kings Cross or did the 06.41 start late from York or something??

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Am I right in thinking this chap is on here?? Come on own up!!

conductor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.