• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central (formally GNWR) Timetable between Blackpool North and London Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That's interesting. Been in the pipeline for a while I think, I wonder what type trains they will use and how many carriages.? (I can not recall if Virgin West Coast have any direct trains between Blackpool & London?)

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
That's interesting. Been in the pipeline for a while I think, I wonder what type trains they will use and how many carriages.? (I can not recall if Virgin West Coast have any direct trains between Blackpool & London?)

4tpd, one of which is a Voyager. Nothing on Sundays.
They leave Euston at 0646, 0854, 1036 and 1633 (Voyager), so match the GC times quite well.
They also call at Rugby, Warrington and Wigan, which GC don't.
They are generally faster than GC, despite being on slower paths than other 390s.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think for the time being we'll keep the discussion in one place on the main thread which can be found here. But in the future we'll need separate threads for different aspects of this operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.