• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central HST Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

steambuffer

Hello Everyone, Does anyone know what might happen to the Grand Central HST sets when they are withdrawn at the end of this year? Anyone know if they likely to be sold on to another operator, or scrapped? I'm particularly interested in the first class saloons. Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
Hello Everyone, Does anyone know what might happen to the Grand Central HST sets when they are withdrawn at the end of this year? Anyone know if they likely to be sold on to another operator, or scrapped? I'm particularly interested in the first class saloons. Thanks in advance!
You are somewhat out of date if you mean the former GC HST sets. They finished in service in 2020 and are all stored, off-lease, at Ely.

fgwrich

Established Member

I think you're a few years too late if your looking for the Grand Central HST Sets. The now former Ex GC / Ex EMR Sets are now off lease however and stored in Ely, Angel Trains is the lessor. However, the former Standard Class TRSB Buffets have now been scrapped (last summer). The rest of the rake's went to EMT where they were refurbished to a smarter, nicer EMT Standard. The Buffets, being ex Great Western, were also rather highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.