• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central reservation policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobblebob

So i have a West Yorkshire M card that covers me on Grand Central trains within the area. I need to catch their train tomorrow from Kirkgate to Brighouse, however you need a reservation to travel for social distancing reasons.

LNER allow reservations for pass holders free of charge. Seems Grand Central dont. I rang them and the customer service person said she thinks i would be denied boarding without a reservation. When i said i couldnt get one without buying a ticket, despite having a pass she said she had no idea

Seems crazy they havent thought of this for pass holders

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberate (though it is probably a breach of the TSA which could be reported; if they want to do it they should probably withdraw from the TSA/RSP/ORCATS and just do their own ticketing). They don't want scarce reservations in their short trains taken up by people making short journeys and denying someone the ability to pay them a higher fare for a longer trip.

(Ticketing Settlement Agreement / Rail Settlement Plan / I have no idea what ORCATS stands for! :) )

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Any station should be able to sort a reservation for you.

This sounds like a cock up rather than a conspiracy.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Chances of getting turned away will probably be low, last few times I've used Grand Central the guard hasn't checked tickets.

In my experience those London - Bradford services do empty out at Doncaster/Wakefield so I doubt it will be that busy you won't be able to board.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
If you're on Twitter, you could try Tweeting @GC_Rail and asking them if they can make a reservation for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.