• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central - Senior Conductor - Euston & Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryNoah

Hi all,

Does anyone know if they will be recruiting soon?

Am awaiting a vacancy for either depot, for the new Blackpool service starting in the spring. I am hoping my chance can happen for me, as I'm currently at entry level grade and would love the chance to apply for the next grade up.

I'm hoping a Euston vacancy pops up but have a funny feeling it's like the Sunderland depot where they only advertise on the northern depots. I know GC have no staff based in London but hope this may change otherwise I'd put in for Blackpool with a London address but DB I know don't like this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
If you go on the national DB careers website that many of the TOC s use there are a handful of vacancies working for Grand Central.

I don't know if there has been some recent changes to this franchise. I was lead to believe a new TOC was beginning a Euston to Blackpool service and they were called the Great Northern Railway (similar name to GWR that operator in the south west of England) or something similar and their logo was a lion. I read they were starting their rail service in September and would share the west coast line with Virgin and Northern.

However, I cannot find any recent news about them so I'm assuming Grand Central are taking over the service now. Can anyone tell me if they are a new TOC under a rebranded name or have they been around a while now?

C J

driver9000

Established Member
If you go on the national DB careers website that many of the TOC s use there are a handful of vacancies working for Grand Central.

I don't know if there has been some recent changes to this franchise. I was lead to believe a new TOC was beginning a Euston to Blackpool service and they were called the Great Northern Railway (similar name to GWR that operator in the south west of England) or something similar and their logo was a lion. I read they were starting their rail service in September and would share the west coast line with Virgin and Northern.

However, I cannot find any recent news about them so I'm assuming Grand Central are taking over the service now. Can anyone tell me if they are a new TOC under a rebranded name or have they been around a while now?

C J

It's open access so not a franchise. The service is part of Grand Central/Arriva using the GNWR brand.

Kimdaddy

Hi all,

Does anyone know if they will be recruiting soon?

Am awaiting a vacancy for either depot, for the new Blackpool service starting in the spring. I am hoping my chance can happen for me, as I'm currently at entry level grade and would love the chance to apply for the next grade up.

I'm hoping a Euston vacancy pops up but have a funny feeling it's like the Sunderland depot where they only advertise on the northern depots. I know GC have no staff based in London but hope this may change otherwise I'd put in for Blackpool with a London address but DB I know don't like this?

Hello Jerry,

Did you apply for the role of Conductor at Blackpool Station for Grand Central?

JerryNoah

Hello Jerry,

Did you apply for the role of Conductor at Blackpool Station for Grand Central?

hi Kim,

unfortunately I live in London so wouldn’t qualify , they’d probably reject it, also I believe it’s qualified only , I would maybe wait for trainee conductor then apply and say I’d relocate in the form

Status
Not open for further replies.