• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central - West Riding Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LilLoaf

The fact that Grand Central is expanding seriously worries me. Grand Central going to be the future of the ECML. God help us all if it gets the Harrogate service contract. Love how there is a Sunderland vacancy at the bottom. Only been going a few year and already someone wants out!

Personally I am always cautious about the prospect of any train crew joining a company like GC. Fair play to them for starting up etc, and I wish them well, but they are completely exposed to market conditions...I would not consider my job as safe if I worked for such a marginal operator..

morgantyreman

Well I have applied for the position anyway, might be my way into the railways hopefully still haven't hurd back yet but it seems a good company to work for. Personaly I would clean toilets to get on the railways. Dose anyone know what stations the role is for. I am guessing Halifax or Wakefield kirkgate?

GNERman

Established Member
The fact that Grand Central is expanding seriously worries me. Grand Central going to be the future of the ECML. God help us all if it gets the Harrogate service contract. Love how there is a Sunderland vacancy at the bottom. Only been going a few year and already someone wants out!

How is it bad if they are expanding??

Expanding means more services and jobs which helps many people.

Also, how is it bad if they get the Harrogate services?

almark

I applied for the Customer Services Assistant role,i assume you applied for the same thing?

BOSCH

Love how there is a Sunderland vacancy at the bottom. Only been going a few year and already someone wants out!

Not a case of anyone wanting out at all,7 NEW staff have been taken on at sunderland and another 2 are needed also,hence the advert !! ;)

morgantyreman

Sorry it was customer services assistant in west Yorkshire, i called them 2 days ago to see what the closing date was and if they received my application and all i got was closing date will be in about 2 months and quote "Dunno" so i requested to speak to HR/Recruitment only to be told there not in till next month..... really put me off the company to be honest. If it wasn't for me wanting a career on the railways i think i would have just told them to shove it. I hope the company doesn't have the attitude of the guy I spoke to. I have high hopes for Grand central.

Status
Not open for further replies.