• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Junction Railway - sign between Warrington BQ and Earlestown

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
While I was traversing the section of the GJR between Warrington BQ and Newton Junction/Earlestown, I spotted a sign what appears to be in a similar style to the traditional mileposts that are found lineside.

Between where the traditional GJR route diverges from the later London & NWR Golborne cut off and Earlestown, the sign had ACE on both sides of the post, with a letter P on one side and the letter L on the other (apologies if I'm not quite clear - unfortunately I did not have a device to take a photo of it).

What I am interested in is what this sign actually relates to, and wonder if the "P" and "L" refer to Preston or Parkside, and London respectively?

In peace

Adam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Penmorfa

While I was traversing the section of the GJR between Warrington BQ and Newton Junction/Earlestown, I spotted a sign what appears to be in a similar style to the traditional mileposts that are found lineside.

Between where the traditional GJR route diverges from the later London & NWR Golborne cut off and Earlestown, the sign had ACE on both sides of the post, with a letter P on one side and the letter L on the other (apologies if I'm not quite clear - unfortunately I did not have a device to take a photo of it).

What I am interested in is what this sign actually relates to, and wonder if the "P" and "L" refer to Preston or Parkside, and London respectively?

In peace

Adam

Area Civil Engineer Preston and Liverpool respectively, a surviving BR era sign

Status
Not open for further replies.