• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
GTA4 will now be taking place in the crime ridden place of Bishops Lydeard, a screenshot is below.

The player is a convicted desperate gripper, and was convicted of clipping a ticket he shouldnt have clipped. You battle against numerous gangs, including the villiainous Fertogrofers, the evil Enthootiazt's, and the murderous Manigemen. Weapons as your disposal include a BR01 Submachine Key, a knuckle duster capable of unlocking carriage doors, a hellfire gun, and a set of clippers, capable of killing non-fare paying passengers at 50 feet.

Rumour is that you have a pet, called Beastleigh.

GTA-IV.jpg

The release date has not yet been announced.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
Nooo what happened to the Aston cronies? And the dredded out of use bog on a full and standing peak time service ooo that can be a mission pack!!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
David V2 said:
This is just sad...

Not really, I thought sad was making up of announcements where a train goes via a different line and saying it's hilarious, I can think of one person on this forum that does that.

Gareth Hale

I believe that the next GTA will be in, London, UK

PS3, PC and xbox 360 only... Now I knew I got my superPC for a reason!

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:

SuperPC is crap. Mine is much better.

Mine is HELLFIRE :diabloan:

Gareth Hale

Chaz said:
SuperPC is crap. Mine is much better.

Mine is HELLFIRE :diabloan:

And upon which info can you beat me with? And as in 'hellfire' do you mean, HELLFIRE this is slow! ;) Anyways, as I was going to say, GTA London PC will need about 3.2GHz to play well.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Ahhhh and theres the exact reason why I stick to console games..

No blasted "specs" b0ll0x to worry about 8)

Dave A

Gareth Hale said:

LONDON, in the UK :o Who would of thought :rolleyes:

GTA: Vice City Stories looks good, although its going to be better than Vice City was, which is stupid, imo!

Gareth Hale

David V2 said:
LONDON, in the UK :o Who would of thought :rolleyes:

GTA: Vice City Stories looks good, although its going to be better than Vice City was, which is stupid, imo!

It is set 2 years before Vice City:happy11:

Tom B

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:

Who knows? Maybe if we knew your system specs we could find out...?

Simming

Gareth Hale said:
And upon which info can you beat me with? And as in 'hellfire' do you mean, HELLFIRE this is slow! ;) Anyways, as I was going to say, GTA London PC will need about 3.2GHz to play well.

Well its a good job ive just got fully kitted up with a 35234523.452345GHz spec computer just for that purpose.

How do you know this anyway? do you work for rockstar, how do you know that 3.2GHz will be needed?

TheSlash

Established Member
I agree with 50149, it's much less headache if you get it for a console.
Saying that though, the original GTA had trains on the PC version, but not the console version {Was it PS1 or PS2?}
I used to like Vice City, but my numpty brother never puts cd's back in they're boxes, so he broke the cd and nobody bought another one!!

Gareth Hale

Simming said:
Well its a good job ive just got fully kitted up with a 35234523.452345GHz spec computer just for that purpose.

How do you know this anyway? do you work for rockstar, how do you know that 3.2GHz will be needed?
It was a guess, Looking at the PS3 and xbox, there both faster than 3GHz.... Plus, the GTA London has been announced by Rockstar Games.

devon_metro

Established Member
Yes but Gareth how many peopl actually have computers above 3.2Ghz?

Not many, and why would they make a game for PC that not many people can use, and for it to be 3.2Ghz that is one HELL(FIRE) of a game!

Guinness

Established Member
Liam said:

Not many, and why would they make a game for PC that not many people can use, and for it to be 3.2Ghz that is one HELL(FIRE) of a game!

Quite a few modern computers are above 3.2Ghz even the £249 ones from Dell (Before it sets into flames). The problem it lacks is Cache in the CPU Chip and Memory (Usually it's 256mb - Far too less for any computer game). Of course a decent Gfx card comes into the equation.

Dual Core is the way forward but it's still expensive. When it comes down to about £15, I'll buy it!! :toothy7:

Gareth Hale

Liam said:

They make the game for the graphics and how nice it looks, not always for people on slower PC's, Since 3.2GHz is pretty cheap now ($50 cheap), and graphics cards are reasonably priced, people would be more than likely upgrading. AMD's equivalent to a 3.2GHz CPU is AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (dont have a go at me for saying that, it is correct, it performs exactly the same, www.tomshardware.com) Id say, about 60% of population have something faster than a 3200+ or 3.2GHz.

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
They make the game for the graphics and how nice it looks, not always for people on slower PC's, Since 3.2GHz is pretty cheap now ($50 cheap), and graphics cards are reasonably priced, people would be more than likely upgrading. AMD's equivalent to a 3.2GHz CPU is AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (dont have a go at me for saying that, it is correct, it performs exactly the same, www.tomshardware.com) Id say, about 60% of population have something faster than a 3200+ or 3.2GHz.

Do you have a source for 60% of the population? My brother, mum or dad doesn't have 3.2Ghz because they don't own a computer. I'll ask my neighbours if they have a 3.2Ghz+ PC....

So your idea of 60% is quite possibly wrong.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Liam said:

Actually, I'd say that quite a few people do have a 3.2GHz PC. They've been available for a few years now, and are getting cheaper all the time. Games companies aren't going to keep developing games for people with older setups, one reason being that their biggest customers (i.e hardcore gamers) tend to get pi**ed off when they find a new release that is of lower quality than games they already own. In any case, I'd guess that 3.2GHz would be more along the lines of the recommended spec rather than hte minimum spec.

As for other games that require a pretty intensive setup, you've obviously never seen the specs for, or tried to run Battlefield 2, Quake 4 or F.E.A.R ;)

Gareth Hale

Lewisham2221 said:
Actually, I'd say that quite a few people do have a 3.2GHz PC. They've been available for a few years now, and are getting cheaper all the time. Games companies aren't going to keep developing games for people with older setups, one reason being that their biggest customers (i.e hardcore gamers) tend to get pi**ed off when they find a new release that is of lower quality than games they already own. In any case, I'd guess that 3.2GHz would be more along the lines of the recommended spec rather than hte minimum spec.

As for other games that require a pretty intensive setup, you've obviously never seen the specs for, or tried to run Battlefield 2, Quake 4 or F.E.A.R ;)

I agree, they have been out now since 03/04, and it could be the reccomended, im just passing on what I hear.

devon_metro

Established Member
Well i don't know a single person, apart from a few on here that have 3.2GHz. But that might just be in Dumerica.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Liam said:
Well i don't know a single person, apart from a few on here that have 3.2GHz. But that might just be in Dumerica.
Do you realise just how much your first sentence contradicts itself? :p

Seriously though, it isn't just America. A quick scan of my MSN contact list....of the 21 people online, less than a third of them have a CPU that is lower than 3.2GHz or equivalent. And only 2 of them are from America. The rest are in the UK.

It all comes down to the flexibility of the PC and what people use their PC for. Certainly with some of the later games for PS2, you can spot low frame rates in parts of the game, where it is evident that the graphics etc were designed for higher spec consoles (such as the XBOX) and for PC. Trouble is, there's no way to upgrade a console, you have to go out and by a whole new console.

If you buy or build a PC with the main intention of it being used for work, i.e. word processing and a bit of web surfing but not much else, then you aren't going to spend larger sums of money whacking in a fast processor, loads of RAM and a decent graphics card. You also aren't going to be able to play most games released after you get the PC, especially not in much more than the lowest detail settings. The same goes for PC's that are a few years old, unless you spend money upgrading them, you ain't gonna be playing new release games on them with much success.

Craig

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Since 3.2GHz is pretty cheap now ($50 cheap), and graphics cards are reasonably priced
Great, I'll buy a ZX81, a 3.2GHz P4 and a decent graphics card so I'll be ready for this game when it comes out.

There's a bit more to a computer than that :roll:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Plus, the GTA London has been announced by Rockstar Games.

No it hasnt, the only thing that has been announced is the following;

- It will be available for the Xbox360 and will include episodic content available via Xbox Live.
- It will be released simultaniously for Playstation3 and Xbox360.
- It will run on the RAGE game engine.
- Lazlow is part of the cast for GTA:IV, as well as Navid Khonsari.

It's not even guaranteed that it'll be London, since GTA: Bogota and GTA: Tokyo are both registered trademarks of Take Two Interactive.

Gareth Hale

Craig said:
Great, I'll buy a ZX81, a 3.2GHz P4 and a decent graphics card so I'll be ready for this game when it comes out.

There's a bit more to a computer than that :roll:
Pentium IV is slower than Athlon 64 ;)
Decent Graphics card is nVidia 7300/7600
Memory about 1.5GB

You would be able to play most modern games for some time to come.. I know there is more to a PC, I deal with hardware technology. I don't deal with software as easly although I have a good understanding of it.

According to an alleged employee of Rockstar North in Glasgow, Scotland, the next installment in the GTA series "will be titled Grand Theft Auto: London and will take place in the Great City of London in 1997."

Gareth Hale

There was also a San Andreas, Vice City and Liberty City as the first 'birds eye view' one also.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Yup, it was included in an expansion pack for the original GTA for both the PC and Playstation, and there was a free download which added more missions to the expansion pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.