• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
:( thats not very good is it. I wonder why. It does say however that the release date will be formally released on the 5th February.

I was kind of looking forward to it. I'll be in year 10 when it comes out now :(

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I recently found GTA San Andreas on the Xbox Live store, and having some left over Microsoft Points that I'd used to buy some DLC, I decided I'd replay this great game. I'm really enjoying it, I'd forgotten so much - but its wetted my appetite for GTA V, just a shame it's now a longer wait!

Flywaver

GTA 3 and Vice City work smoothly on iPad and not bad prices too. Wouldn't mind San Andreas on it but feel its too big for iPad :-/

richw

Veteran Member
This will go down well at Tesco, they've been taking pre-orders and advertised a release date in April or May.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I recently found GTA San Andreas on the Xbox Live store, and having some left over Microsoft Points that I'd used to buy some DLC, I decided I'd replay this great game. I'm really enjoying it, I'd forgotten so much - but its wetted my appetite for GTA V, just a shame it's now a longer wait!

I brought it via Xbox Live for about £15 worth of points a while back. Brings back so much memories, that was the best game after IV I reckon. GTAV, I reckon will be GTA SA with the GTAIV graphics and that.

GTA SA+GTA IV= PURE GAMING FUN

chris89

Established Member
starrymarkb:1352738 said:
Rockstar working on Valve Time?

Not as bad as Valve time with Episode 3/HL3 which was due winter 2007.

I'm not fussed with GTA being delayed as my chosen format hasn't yet been officially confirmed still. So guessing when word of a PC version comes it will be 2014 sometime.

Chris

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Play.com have been taking pre-orders too :(

As have Amazon, and other retailers. I've already got a pre-order in place, as I do with most games I want on release, I like knowing that the order is ready to go as soon as the game is out - especially when it comes to big releases like GTA, as it's usually sold out almost immediately.

Geezertronic

Established Member
As have Amazon, and other retailers. I've already got a pre-order in place, as I do with most games I want on release, I like knowing that the order is ready to go as soon as the game is out - especially when it comes to big releases like GTA, as it's usually sold out almost immediately.

And so we don't become one of the crowd that wait outside the shops until the midnight release :D

familyguy99

This will go down well at Tesco, they've been taking pre-orders and advertised a release date in April or May.

^^ I hear that u can get GTAV at Tesco for only £30 if u pre-orders it, I'm unsure if this is true but if so then very good price and cheaps I see it so far. :D

richw

Veteran Member
^^ I hear that u can get GTAV at Tesco for only £30 if u pre-orders it, I'm unsure if this is true but if so then very good price and cheaps I see it so far. :D

This is correct, it was on offer, pre order for £5 deposit, and get the game for £30

HST Power

Established Member
I've been hearing that GTA V will be the last game on the present Xbox, ahead of the new console being released at Christmas?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've been hearing that GTA V will be the last game on the present Xbox, ahead of the new console being released at Christmas?

A fantastic 'last hurrah' if so.

GTA IV being released was the catalyst for me getting a new Xbox in the first place, so it's pleasing that GTA V could well be the last game I buy for the 360 before moving on to whatever Microsoft have in store for us next.

familyguy99

The Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto 5 will ship on two discs and require a mandatory installation, Rockstar Games has confirmed.

"Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious game we have yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles," said Rockstar in a Q&A published this afternoon.

"In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 systems.

"For Xbox 360, Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs."

The install will require an Xbox 360 HDD or an external 16GB USB drive with at least 8GB of free space.

"A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance," Rockstar adds.

The PlayStation 3 version, meanwhile, ships on one disc and will install roughly 8GB of content "as soon as you insert the game".

"The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete."

GTA 5 launches on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 17, 2013.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/g...ships_on_two_discs_has_mandatory_install.html

^^ Thanks god I buy 250GB XBOX last year as it sound like if u get 4GB Xbox u may have to upgrade to bigger hard drive to play new GTAV.

EDIT: Also first gameplay footage of GTAV will be release by end of this months, can't wait to see game footage of this game. :)

Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sounds like a better system than LA Noire, where the game was spread out over three different disks, each of which had to be installed and changed over during the game.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
My oh my, LA Noire. What an utter load of tosh that was. Played it once, never again. Particularly annoying when you did interviews and whatnot and if you didn't guess if the suspect was lying or not correctly you had to start all over. Dreadful, dreadful game.

chris89

Established Member
My oh my, LA Noire. What an utter load of tosh that was. Played it once, never again. Particularly annoying when you did interviews and whatnot and if you didn't guess if the suspect was lying or not correctly you had to start all over. Dreadful, dreadful game.

Disagree with that. Although each to there own :) so many annoying things Noire but i found it fun though.

Whole lot of rumours are starting for the PC version anyway now. Although it will come out on it, Although may take up to 6 or so months. So until then i shall be getting the 360 version.

The whole thing about installing doesn't bother me, guessed it would be two disks and am correct :)

Chris

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Disagree with that. Although each to there own :) so many annoying things Noire but i found it fun though.

Out of interest what did you find annoying? I thought a lot of it was just hassle, having to scrounge for about 25 minutes to find a torch or something, driving right across LA, interview someone, have to start all over again about 78 times, and repeat.

Red Dead Redemption on the other hand, perfect. Rockstar make GTA5 half of the game RDR was and it will be a success for me.

chris89

Established Member
Out of interest what did you find annoying? I thought a lot of it was just hassle, having to scrounge for about 25 minutes to find a torch or something, driving right across LA, interview someone, have to start all over again about 78 times, and repeat.

Red Dead Redemption on the other hand, perfect. Rockstar make GTA5 half of the game RDR was and it will be a success for me.

Some of the later missions where you were told to do X instead of X (Won't say due to spoilers) Also some of the crime scenes to try and get everything was a bit time consuming.

I found it hard not to have the temptation of running people over in a R* Published game, Ashame Team Bondi are no longer with us though.

The game it's self was fantastic and was surprised how well it ran on my old system/ graphics cards.

One game i want to play is RDR, might get it for cheap on console, Just ashame R* San Diego don't port games. As loved them when they are Angel Studios with Midtown Madness.

V will be great i'm sure, Although i doubt it will be my GOTY though.

Have though been replaying GTA IV & The Episodes and enjoying them/ Got some mods etc added. Makes a change from Rising Storm (If ever play it watch the credits :P) & Killing Floor.

Chris

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I though the recreation of 1940s Los Angeles in LA Noire was simply superb, but I didn't feel the game offered enough incentive to explore it. It also felt like there were too few random encounters and incidents, the 'call outs' were all very dramatic and I'd have preferred a random street encounter and chase or something similar, rather than a call over the radio for something on the other side of the city. A GTA style game in that city would have been absolutely amazing, as far as I'm concerned!

As for the game itself, I did enjoy it - and it looks amazing, but there were frustrating elements. Sometimes the pace was too slow, and the interrogations were a pain in the backside. There were some cases I really enjoyed, but didn't really like the way it ended.

As for Red Dead Redemption - it's stunning, just a shame it never did get ported, as I'd love to see it on the PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.