• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Well, I've got all my college work caught up for the next week - pray no lecturers decide to give me homework tomorrow - so I should hopefully be able to play relatively quickly!
Although, I will have to remember to get my TV down and set up my new PS3! I'm also getting The Last of Us as it was in a bundle deal, so will need time to play that too although I'm sure it can wait!
I've been watching a few of the video reviews today and just general video clips without big leaks and I am amazed at the level of detail for a console game! The level of detail is spectacular considering the age of consoles now - *PC Master Race hat on* my PC is still better than any machine you peasants have though ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chris89

Established Member
Just arrived today for the 360 :D

Shall get it installed (apparntly for 360 version do not install the play disk) after i have woken up.

@ModernRailways. I agree the amount of detail is amazing that takes place in the game. I know Halo 4 really surprised me at how detailed the game is.

Although i shall rebuy as soon as it comes on PC :)

Chris

Established Member
Whilst it's only a game, and life will go on regardless of when you get to peel open the cellophane, do spare a thought for those of us who will be patiently waiting for the far superior PC version to be released.

Amen!

ModernRailways

Established Member
Anyone else having trouble / non exceptence of the free DLC.

Yes! My PS3 just keeps saying it's either used or invalid. Looking on the Rockstar website and they tell you to contact Sony (or Microsoft) if you have any issues.

TheEdge

Established Member
So much win involved in this game. I managed to drive up Mount Chiliad and resisted the urge to throw myself off it for all of, well, 5 seconds. Shortly after Michael is tumbling end of end down the side in a truck before meeting his fiery end against a tree!

familyguy99

Anyone else having trouble / non exceptence of the free DLC.

my DLC code work fine but I'm on XBOX and lots of people who are on PS3 are having this problem, I'm sure Sony will fix's is soon so you can use the code.

Played on GTAV last night and wow best game I played on for while :D I sure graphics will look 10x better if this game come out on XBOX one and PS4 but it still look great on XBOX 360 console.

Drsatan

Established Member
Has anyone traveled on the trains in this game? From the trailers I've seen there appears to be an electrified railway and a freight-only line.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Mainly from getting away from the police, it's quite hard!

Off-road into valleys or hills and bide your time. Changing cars (subtly!) also helps.

Has anyone traveled on the trains in this game? From the trailers I've seen there appears to be an electrified railway and a freight-only line.

Yes. It's a tram system, slow and a bit compact but impressive. The bigger stations have great detail - departure screens, TVMs, booking offices, ticket gates, the lot.

The freight only line doesn't really have much of comment, but it does have (non-operational) signals and the yards at either end do have workers milling about in them.

chris89

Established Member
Got to say am loving the game :)

Although appears the social club bonuses arn't working for me, unless i need gold :(

Also anyone hear the thing on the radio about the metro system for cost, work length and delays :P I instantly thought of the Edinburgh Trams :P

Chris

TheEdge

Established Member
MUCH easier than in GTA IV, the cars actually steer rather than lurch uncontrollably into the nearest solid object.

Its got the best driving of any GTA at all. Which was to be expected. Also the first GTA that I've ever been able to use bikes in.

Mines still not arrived for the PS3! But will also buy for PC when it is released. Will enjoy very much I believe.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
The physics are brilliant. Decided to try and take a bus all the way to mount Chiliad :D Got carried away with a tractor though :/

familyguy99

So after 10 days since GTAV launch how far is everyone up to on missions or have anyone finish the game let? I done 14 missions (just done jewellery store raid) and meet 5 Stranger and Freak and also bin kill 43 times but twice of them was that girl ask for my help and these two people with her shot me and kill me.

GB

Established Member
Ive just done the penultimate main mission but I haven't done all the other little bits and peices like "strangers & freaks" etc

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm about 41% of the way to 100% completion - but don't feel I've even scratched the surface. My play time for the 3 characters is largely equal, but Trevor is slightly ahead - he's such a brilliant character, though terrifying at the same time.

Here are my basic stats;

I'm absolutely loving the game itself and the world is simply stunning, with so much exploring to do. The mini-games such as Tennis and Golf are also great fun, and the controls very easy - and I've sunk a few hours into Michael's tennis game up to this point. Trevor's attempt at Golf ended prematurely when his club came into contact with some other golfers... entirely accidentally of course (and it definitely wasn't him doing J-turns on the fairway in a golf cart...!). :lol:

familyguy99 - I think I realised what was about to happen with that random encounter, and already had my assault rifle out before I got into the alleyway. I must admit, I very rarely approach these encounters without a weapon drawn just in case.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I am still quite a bit from completion, I just drive around.I have completed the mission where Michael and Trevor pretend to be traffic cops. I know somebody that got it Wednesday, didn't get to sleep, didn't turn up to school and completed it today :roll:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I am still quite a bit from completion, I just drive around.I have completed the mission where Michael and Trevor pretend to be traffic cops. I know somebody that got it Wednesday, didn't get to sleep, didn't turn up to school and completed it today :roll:

I don't believe in rushing open world games - you miss too much. I'm looking at finishing it over a couple of weeks.

I'm also looking forward to GTA Online - but don't have a crew to run with, so if anyone's interested, let me know here. :)

Liam

Established Member
Finished the storyline a few days ago, got up to 79% before starting again to do all the other bits (other heist options, final mission etc).

I don't believe in rushing open world games - you miss too much. I'm looking at finishing it over a couple of weeks.

I'm also looking forward to GTA Online - but don't have a crew to run with, so if anyone's interested, let me know here. :)

Are you on PS3 or xBox? Am interested if on PS3 :)

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are you on PS3 or xBox? Am interested if on PS3 :)

Sadly, I'm on Xbox 360.

Just spent an hour or so messing around in GTA Online. Didn't do a lot of activities, just some free roam, and a couple of 'Gang Eliminations'. Due to the scale to the world, I didn't have a huge amount of interaction with other players - but most seemed to be doing the same as me, so there were a few gunfights and multi-player police chases going on. :)

Geezertronic

Established Member
Has anyone taken 3 or more people to the Altruist Cult yet? I'm driving round as Trevor to try and find some more hitchikers so I can get it unlocked and get the cash that's in there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.