• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Graphics card advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

I currently have a SiS graphics card which dosen't like BVE at all. At the moment I consider the computers doing well if I get 10fps (I get 21fps in BVE2). I have heard of people getting 40fps <(

I have a Intel Celeron CPU 2.40Ghz Processor, plus 224mb ram, and the SiS graphics card.

I understand that my processor is good and the ram is O.K. I was wondering what would be the cheapest reliable graphics card (at least more than 20fps (BVE4), so it's upto tele standards)
The coputer was brought from tiny 2 years ago but has a lot of big games on it.

It's just I'm starting to find it annoying getting a BVE route or train and having problems with them (currently BVE4 HST, 87, and Piccadilly)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Your Ram will be the Frame rates downfall, I have an SiS graphics card and only have problem when bitmaps are not converted correctly. I get high framerates in the 30s on Maybank so it is unlikely to be you Graphics card causing that.

Sprog

Established Member
If your gonna buy a new graphics card, go ATI :D

nutter

I'll try and update the ram when (if) i get the chance (I wouldn't mind having a 512mb DDR). The reason why I want a new graphics card is I'm having display problems with a few routes.

I only get the day time view with the HST, I have been told by TSC that this is because of my graphics card
I also get blurred displays on the 87 (before and after I do anything) and 156 (only when I move the view).
I also get the death mesh on the piccadilly line because of the graphics card.
You've given me some names, thanks for that.
How much am I looking at as i'm only on 16 quid a week for my paper round

Again, thanks for all the advice

Sprog

Established Member
nutter said:
16 quid a week for my paper round

£16 :o :o

Lucky sod, i was only on £11 :mad: :( :lol:

Erm, TBH, a while! :shock:

Im not really up on Graphics cards, as mine works absolutly fine, but anything from £50 to £500 from what ive seen commcercially!

Dont go foer anything to fancy, but keep in mind what will happen in the fututure and try to get one with Specs. that is within a budget, yet will be compatible with newer software/games etc.

nutter

Well, it's 2 paper rounds at the same shop. I only got the job yesterday because I want a 135 litre bergen for movng down to HMS Collinwood ;) ;).

It's going to cost me 150 quid :cry: :cry:

I first want to get an MP3 player, then a graphics card and then the bergen. Alot of saving I think, and I don't even get EMA :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.