• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great British Railway Journeys competition launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
You and your egg puns... :roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The winner of the Quiz Olympiad is D841 Roebuck, having scored a total of 52 points. Well done!

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Guess the Station that has been visited by Michael Portillo competition has been relaunched, hopefully it's a little easier this time! See [thread=80201]here[/thread] for more details!

TP

Trainfan344

Established Member
What is the last competition to win? as in the original post it mentioned 4 chances, and we've had 3, (Guess the Station, Quiz Olympiad, Photo Competition)

Ivo

Established Member
Haha, I'd not spotted that! Ivo may yet have a chance :)

Oh thanks :lol:

[bad loser mood]

So we've had three compos so far, and I've lost two on a tie-break (one after the real winner declined the prize) <(

Someone/something doesn't want me to win.

[/bad loser mood]

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I genuinely feel sorry for you, just missing out on multiple occasions. :)

Ivo

Established Member
If it is I won't win unless something unlikely happens :(

Something like a criterion of "357s at Shoeburyness" might work, but otherwise I have no chance - my all-time POTW best in about 30 attempts is 2nd!

Trainfan344

Established Member
I enjoy POTW, I never win the competition though, I just keep trying, the problem is Ivo, people who live up near the highlands of scotland can get beautiful shots without trying.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I think the catagory should be photo's taken by Ivo.

Ivo

Established Member
I enjoy POTW, I never win the competition though, I just keep trying, the problem is Ivo, people who live up near the highlands of scotland can get beautiful shots without trying.

That is true, but it's an imperfection that we can't do anything about. On the flip side, the proportion os people up there is very low, making participiation of a person in such a position far less likely. And many of us have been to the Highlands (or at least the Highland Main Line) anyway.

And yet, at least one person has won this competition before he even turned 16 - with a super basic camera at that!

I think the catagory should be photo's taken by Ivo.

Something tells me I would still lose :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.