• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Cockcrow Railway, New running season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hey Guys

Just thought id give you a little update.

We have been busy over the past few months carrying out Winter Maintinance, we have relayed quite a bit of track and sorted a number of things out. the turntable at Cockcrow hill has had a repaint, it was getting so taty, hasnt done bad considering its always in the sun and is expelled to all the ellements.

On the Motive power side of things, i think its 8 locos that have past through the workshops, with 4 in progress at the moment. Our two main workhorses are in the workshops at the moment, 5000 Sister Dora and 1947 Eureka, so it will be interesting to see if these will be back before the season and might highlight how desperate we actually are for locos!

Ive got my toy back again (http://stephen9466.fotopic.net/p46641094.html), it had to visit the workshops because all the frame work at the front worked loose, the frames have been strenghtened. It has also had one section of its boiler repainted where someone dropped a spanner on it and dented the paint work. i say dented, it had take the paint right back to bare metal rather than just a scratch. Dad has put me down on the roster as Driver of 1442 for the first day of the season, cant wait!

Hopefully on the first day of the season, me and Kettlefan(doesnt post anymore) are hoping to do the Gladesman doubleheaded train. as 1442 and 5000 are a good conbination on this train, although matt does moan that he cant here wat his engine is doing, not my fault my engine is loud!

If anyone wants to visit, please get in touch with me via MSN or Email and ill see what i can sort out

I was thinking of doing another forum meet like last year but i still have to confirm this with the people at the railway, so will get back to you on this one

Regards

Stephen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

guillyman

Can't wait for that then! The Atlantic looks terrific. Just keep hold of those spanners! When does the new season kick off?
Al. :smile:

Established Member
oh yer sorry forgot to say that lol, 27th of april, till the last sunday in october, and the first saturday in november is the night run for halloween.

Coxster

Established Member
Might have to drop by, what with it being so close and all. You put on quite a good little show last August!

Established Member
Might have to drop by, what with it being so close and all. You put on quite a good little show last August!

you think that was a good show u havent had haulage on the atlantic, admitiely it doesnt throw oil around like eureka did but its alot louder!

Established Member
I might go, depends if you try and chuck me off stephen :roll:.

Established Member
I might go, depends if you try and chuck me off stephen :roll:.

I dont go fast enough to make it worth while chucking you off

Just found out that im station master the second week in :(

Sucks really! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.