• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Eastern Engineering works 28/29th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
I understand on this weekend 1 pair of the GEML's running lines is going to be out of action and few services will operate could somebody clarify which running line these will be and what services will run because I'm planning to go looking for class 345's on the Saturday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iphone76

I'm sorry to disappoint, but currently the 345s do not operate at weekends so you would only grab a glance of them whilst passing Ilford depot. As some lines are blocked I'm not sure they would risk running them on this weekend just in case they failed and totally blocked the running lines.

It'll be the slow, electric lines which are closed. On the Saturday GA trains will be running slower than normal and TfL trains will not stop at Manor Park, Forest Gate and Maryland. A normal frequency will run with both companies so the same number of trains will be running - just a bit slower.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
I'm sorry to disappoint, but currently the 345s do not operate at weekends so you would only grab a glance of them whilst passing Ilford depot. As some lines are blocked I'm not sure they would risk running them on this weekend just in case they failed and totally blocked the running lines.

It'll be the slow, electric lines which are closed. On the Saturday GA trains will be running slower than normal and TfL trains will not stop at Manor Park, Forest Gate and Maryland. A normal frequency will run with both companies so the same number of trains will be running - just a bit slower.
When will the 345's get weekend diagrams I'd like to know.

iphone76

I'm not too sure. There is one Ilford 345 diagram on a Saturday but that isn't currently running. I'll keep looking out and let you know when I see anything. There is quite a lot of weekend work coming up between now and March/April next year where the line is partially/totally closed on one or two days over the weekend.

I'd keep checking this link for engineering works and I will try and let you know if I hear about weekend 345 diagrams.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/track-closures.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.