• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Eastern Line Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
At around 2pm emergency engineering works were started at Kelvedon and lasted for around two and a half hours (reported cleared at 16:31). Looking on the LDB the 15:18 London to Harwich train left Chelmsford 15:51 and arrived at Witham 16:43 - a journey time of 52 minutes that should have taken 9!

Anyone know what the problem was?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
I was lucky in that a delayed train for norwich happened to arrive at Colchester 5 mins after I got to the station.

All I heard was that it was a "track problem requiring emergency engineering works".

I am impressed that they managed to get to the problem and fix it in under 3 hours. Keep up the good work!

TheSlash

Established Member
Well said Nick, it's a shame NR don't have a customer relations part, as comments like that do alot for team moral.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Broken rail between Kelvedon and Marks Tey.

We also had to manage without P1 at LST all day. Someone drove a battery tractor with a wheelie bin in tow off the platform edge. They managed to get the wheelie bin back without too many problems, but the tractor proved to be a bit too heavy. I imagine that it will have been recovered by the morning and the Cl317 that had been trapped on the stops will be back in service.

one TN

Status
Not open for further replies.