• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Eastern Preview video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Looks like a superb route, I'll be adding that to my Cribo list now too! :D (God, I have far too many MSTS routes on my Crimbo list now!) :razz:

LucaZone

Yep its certainly going to be the most impressive Mainline UK route available for MSTS.

However Making Tracks have never tried to hide the fact that your going to need a beast of a system to run it smoothly. Cetainly the likes of those in favour of EB style routes, arent going to be running Great Eastern at similar frame rates!

I fear that for all the hard work that has gone into this product, they will faulter in the same way Severn Valley did. It might be the best looking route yet, but if people cant run it whats the point? :(

SVR sales boomed and crashed within 6 months. They still sell in low digits but returns are always related to lacking usablity, or so ive heard.

Hence why Europeanbahn (much to the regret of many) still remain the top selling producer of UK addons...they stuff runs on everything.

Harold

Yeah, I myself am aquiring a 1gig memory stick to be able to run this route and Dorset Coast smoothly.

Suprised about Severn Valley Railway though :s

T

Tom

I've heard reports that MSTSbin is able to allow GE to run with almost no stutter on medium-spec machines.

LucaZone

Personally Ive overcome the stuttering issue by loading up TrainSim, pressing alt-ctrl-del and then going into task manager > processes. Once there I right click on train.exe and slect priority. I then set this to 'Above Normal'

This sets more resources to loading and caching things related to TrainSim then :)

My guess is that MSTSbin does a similar process automatically, saving the need to manually do it.

I run MSTS on a 1.67Ghz 1Gb Ram 128mb GFX card system. Cant run the top notch routes, but dont suffer stuttering on mid range ones :)

class 313

Established Member
WOAH, great stuff! this would knock my comp out for sure! so il play it on my dads, they need to sort that 321 out. Doesnt sound right. Although i love the marks tey video! great sounds 86s and 37!

T

Tom

But it wouldn't be stupid if it's nearly impossible to get the sounds they needed?

T

Tom

Sound equipment, etc, Tom. You really do not understand the amount of sounds that are required - they need to also remove the track sounds.......!!!

class 313

Established Member
true tome very true. But if they want the stock as good as the route itslef then the stock needs to have good sounds. Although what ive herd the 86 and 37 have great sounds and would like to say very well done!

T

Tom

The electric sounds are actually pretty realistic if you listen carefully TBH mate. It's the closest they could get, they added the trademark buzz too!!

Coxster

Established Member
...Which costs money?
They've already paid £££s to make certain things for this route. As for people complaining about the sounds already, why not just wait till you've played it before making your own judgement? As Tom says, the LBE soundets have been modified quite a bit.

class 313

Established Member
Well from that short clip of the 321 passing it still didnt sound right. Seeing as 321s are my local trains i should know. (before you start, yes i do live in st albans but i also go to watford jnc alot and i also have a 321 on the abbey flyer.)

Where as you dont

Well from that short clip of the 321 passing it still didnt sound right. Seeing as 321s are my local trains i should know. (before you start, yes i do live in st albans but i also go to watford jnc alot and i also have a 321 on the abbey flyer.)

Where as you dont

I'll be damned if you could do better..

T

Tom

I challenge class 313 to make one for MSTS with accurate sounds - ie, train sounds that do not include track sounds.

richa2002

Established Member
true tome very true. But if they want the stock as good as the route itslef then the stock needs to have good sounds. Although what ive herd the 86 and 37 have great sounds and would like to say very well done!
The 37 sounds like the ELR sounds. They are good but it takes quite a while to get from the idle sound to the full power sound due to it working on a notch basis.

Daniel

Established Member
Just seen this on the Making Tracks homepage, under 'Great Eastern Updates'

Making Tracks said:
We will very shortly be adding GE to the Making Tracks shop, with a deal which we hope will find competative.
**EDIT RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN PUT BACK UNTIL NOVEMBER 3rd DUE TO EXPECTED PRODUCTION TIME OF THE DISK**

Coxster

Established Member
Having just gone back and checked the Class 321 I can confirm the AI sounds are NOT the Acela sounds and someone feared above - or at least not on my copy.

Daniel

Established Member
The MT:Great Eastern pre-order e-mail has been sent out! Check your inboxes....

Status
Not open for further replies.