• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Malvern to Bracknell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyH

Evening all.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a trip I need to make next month.

Travelling from Great Malvern to Bracknell as per the following...

28th October - GMV 0517 - 0759 BCE changing at Reading
29th October - BCE 1750 - 2027 GMV changing at Reading and Worcester Shrub Hill

It is for work and they like it to be as cheap as possible which unfortunately probably rules out First Class <( :lol:.

The cheapest I can find is £63.50 return using splits at Charlbury and Reading.

Can't imagine it will be much cheaper than that. I believe rovers are out due to the times I travelling.

Any input appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheWalrus

Established Member
Have you tried splitting at Winnersh? I think that may work.

andythebrave

62.50 with an anytime return Great Malvern to Kingham, anytime single Kingham to Bracknell and an off peak single Bracknell to Kingham. It's only a quid less but still...

leymoo

£20.30 SOR Great Malvern to Kingham. Anytime, return within a month.

£19.40 SVR Kingham to Bracknell. Off peak, return within a month.

I'd be tempted to see if you can excess the second one to a peak single for your journey there only?

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm afraid not - a Change of Ticket Type excess must be done on both halves of a ticket

I suppose a (naughty) workaround would be to buy an off-peak single and excess it before travelling to an off-peak return. Then hide that and excess the original single to an Anytime single.

PermitToTravel

Established Member
I suppose a (naughty) workaround would be to buy an off-peak single and excess it before travelling to an off-peak return. Then hide that and excess the original single to an Anytime single.

At London Overground stations simply asking the clerk to click Single works :D

TobyH

Sorry for the delay but many thanks for all the input.

Plans have changed slightly and I'm now looking to travel out on Tuesday 11th Nov at some point in the afternoon. Would be nice to time it to leave at such a time that I avoid much of the evening peak down towards Reading and beyond. Return would be as before but everything should be wrapped up by 1600 so could leave around 1630.

I wonder if a rover or a combination including a rover would be now be cheaper as I understand that travelling on both days after 0900 should enable travel on a rover valid.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.