• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great mobile phone coverage on trains in Cambridgeshire and The Fens

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorthern

Established Member
Yesterday while I was going on a train through The Fens from Peterborough to Cambridge I noticed that I seemed to have a very good mobile phone signal all the way which is unusual when travelling on a train as the signal normally drops out from time to time.

Has anyone else noticed this on trains in Cambridgeshire? I assume its because its so flat there is not the geography from hills, tunnels and cuttings to block the signal the same as in other parts of the country.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Megafuss

In my experience it used to drop the minute the train left the Peterborough area, lost in the "Fens triangle" before suddenly reappearing at Ely

Now, its better and it usually drops a little in the Manea area.

Mind you, I was getting 4g on parts of the Far North Line. That puts the rest of the country to shame

Has anyone else noticed this on trains in Cambridgeshire? I assume its because its so flat there is not the geography from hills, tunnels and cuttings to block the signal the same as in other parts of the country.

It's so that people can easily send a distress signal when they realize they have strayed too close to Kings Lynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.