• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern 313 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class315

It ran and is now around Swindon, ran early so I missed it.

I too, narrowly missed it Acton Main Line where it was timetabled to stand for 20 plus minutes, but ran through without stopping as booked.

Maybe we've counted our chickens too early, the light engine move hasn't been updated, and its almost 14:30

Malc-c & all, today’s scrap move marks a pause of the scrapping on the Great Northern units for a little while.

reddragon

Established Member
I too, narrowly missed it Acton Main Line where it was timetabled to stand for 20 plus minutes, but ran through without stopping as booked.

Malc-c & all, today’s scrap move marks a pause of the scrapping on the Great Northern units for a little while.
Which units were they, the 2 stored ones as expected?

reddragon

Established Member
Current status is: -

Scrapped - 313.018,23-29,31,36,38,40,42-3,46,50,53-6,58,62-3 (23) - more than half GN of units gone / third of fleet
Stored - (0)
Southern - 313.001-17,19-20 (19)
NR - 313.021 (1)
GN - 313.022,30,32-5,37,39,41,44-45,47-49,51-52,57,59-61,64 (21)

Now less units than class 315 & class 508 trailers in 455/7s

petersi

I wonder how long. Looks as though driver training for the 717 the may be curtailed
https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/crew-unavailability
“Improving the situation is my number one priority. Some of the steps I’ve taken include pausing some driver training to boost the numbers out on the network and postponing any non-essential activities for drivers until the autumn to further increase driver numbers at weekends. “

Class315

Tonight’s booths run cancelled?

As I said in another post there is no other scrap runs booked for the foreseeable future.

The only 313’s with no allocation at Hornsey for this afternoon are 313030,035 & 037 all of which where in service this morning

Last edited:

Ladder23

Established Member
As I said in another post there is no other scrap runs booked for the foreseeable future.

The only 313’s with no allocation at Hornsey for this afternoon are 313030,035 & 037 all of which where in service this morning

Thanks for confirming, I’m glad to see 59 and 61 still running.

Ladder23

Established Member
Seems to me there could be a scrap run tonight to booths leaving at around 19:30. Can anyone confirm.

malc-c

Seems to me there could be a scrap run tonight to booths leaving at around 19:30. Can anyone confirm.

There's an entry in RTT every weekday at 19:24, however until it's been given an allocation and then confirmed to be running there is no guarantee that it will run

Class315

Scrap moves for Great Northern 313's are paused at this moment in time and will be for a short while.

Ladder23

Established Member
Scrap moves for Great Northern 313's are paused at this moment in time and will be for a short while.

Thanks for confirming, ahh I remember you saying actually but I see the allocation on RTT and had to ask, may I ask why that is they’re stopping for now?

D1012

Travelled on 313059 this morning. Actually looked like it had been cleaned. The floors, walls and windows looked like they had been washed. First time I have travelled in a clean 313 for months. Perhaps GTR have realised that they have a responsibility to provide a half decent travelling environment for their fare paying customers. But probably not.

aleggatta

Travelled on 313059 this morning. Actually looked like it had been cleaned. The floors, walls and windows looked like they had been washed. First time I have travelled in a clean 313 for months. Perhaps GTR have realised that they have a responsibility to provide a half decent travelling environment for their fare paying customers. But probably not.
More likely they have had more time on depot and some uppity manager has decided the cleaners have spent too much time sitting around...

On Moderation
More likely they have had more time on depot and some uppity manager has decided the cleaners have spent too much time sitting around...
Uppity? Isn’t that part of a manager’s job: getting staff to do what they are paid to do.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I assume they still get periodic deep cleans, and I still see them being inspected from time to time. It's one of the performance indicators of the contract isn't it? And given the state these trains can get in after a night in service, I think the state of the train depends a lot on when you're using it. In the morning or daytime, there's a good chance of them being clean. At night, all bets are off.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Any more withdrawals? I used a 313 last year and it was very tatty. Finsbury Park to (I think) New Barnet. Not the longest ride in the world but noisy and draughty.

ungreat

I'm up and down the GN all day and 313s are definitely on the retreat now. I'm glad I got my 40 years mug when I did. We are no longer allowed to drive them where I am based so I shall have my memories!
(Plus my 00 gauge 313 model when finished!)

bramling

Veteran Member
Are there likely to be any 313s in service on the Moorgate branch in October? We're sadly waving goodbye to the 314s up north...

It’s reaching the point where the 313s really are on borrowed time (even more so than they have been all year). Unless things have changed scrap moves will be commencing again within the next couple of weeks, and they could well be gone within a month.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Are there likely to be any 313s in service on the Moorgate branch in October? We're sadly waving goodbye to the 314s up north...
Might still be a few. New 717 diagram started yesterday leaving eight pairs of 313s in traffic on weekdays; two peaks only and six out all day. If they replace one pair per week that leaves three pairs running week commencing September 30th.

prod_pep

Established Member
I've booked - wouldn't miss this for the world. Glad there's going to be a farewell to 313s on the GN after a 43 year career.

Status
Not open for further replies.