• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern 313 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan M

The penultimate pair of 313s will be departing Hornsey for the very last time soon. Just two left after today!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ewan M

Thanks for the info :) that tends to do a lot of the scrap moves these days. I was fortunate enough to see 884 up in Glasgow earlier this year taking SR 314213 on its last journey from Yoker CS to the now closed Glasgow Works (where the PEP would be stripped of components before going by road to EMR Kingsbury for scrapping).

reddragon

Established Member
Spent a long time stopped at Taplow going from 14L to 48L.
Local train had to be diverted via mains to bypass it skipping Burnham & Taplow!

GWHST107

Anybody know if the final 2 are likely to be taken to scrap via rail or road? Heard there may have been talk of one being picked clean and requiring road transport.

St. Paddy

Anybody know if the final 2 are likely to be taken to scrap via rail or road? Heard there may have been talk of one being picked clean and requiring road transport.
060 went by road last week having been stripped. I reckon the last two will go by rail as they were shunted out of the shed on Saturday under their own power and 134 had its pan up this morning.

GWHST107

060 went by road last week having been stripped. I reckon the last two will go by rail as they were shunted out of the shed on Saturday under their own power and 134 had its pan up this morning.

Hopefully that’s the case, I did wonder if 060 was stripped instead of one of the final two rather than as well as one of the final two. Thanks

Jamesrob637

Established Member
It has to go through Rotherham Central which I believe is still shut due to flooding.

Mr Manager

Defiantly no more 313's to Booths. No more where purchased owing to the problems involved breaking them.

gka472l

Makes me wonder if Booths will be taking the 315's then (there was a plan to stack them as mentioned elsewhere on here), given that they are virtually the same......

Ewan M

Makes me wonder if Booths will be taking the 315's then (there was a plan to stack them as mentioned elsewhere on here), given that they are virtually the same......

It did say in a local newspaper that Booths sought planning permission to use the Millmoor car park to store the 315 carriages awaiting scrapping but I wonder if that plan has fallen through if they are indeed no longer sending 313s there for disposal. I guess it's just a matter or waiting and seeing what happens.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
It has to go through Rotherham Central which I believe is still shut due to flooding.
Rotherham Central re-opened today (Fri 15th).
Also, it's equally easy to access Booths via Masboro, not Central, as a number of condemned wagon movements have done over the last couple of years.

Edit: but according to the comments above, no more coming anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.