• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern Class 700 diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
12 car GN 700 has first class both ends, apparently (given some drivers enter the code to make it show declassified at the back).

8 car GN 700s have first class at the front only.

All Thameslink operated services have first class at the front only.

They may as well make the 12 car 700s operating for GN first class at the front only and then it will be consistent.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
12 car GN 700 has first class both ends, apparently (given some drivers enter the code to make it show declassified at the back).

8 car GN 700s have first class at the front only.

All Thameslink operated services have first class at the front only.

They may as well make the 12 car 700s operating for GN first class at the front only and then it will be consistent.

Agreed that there needs to be consistency. Passengers should have to count the number of carriages to know where on the train they can travel.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Agreed that there needs to be consistency. Passengers should have to count the number of carriages to know where on the train they can travel.

I would hope that common sense prevails and at some point GTR will say ALL 700s are first class only at the front.

APUK002

And Cambridge to Brighton it seems now. Glad they sorted the issues to run in public service throughout.

9J52 Horsham - Peterborough
9J58 Horsham - Peterborough
9J57 Peterborough - Horsham
9J63 Peterborough - Horsham

9S24 Brighton - Cambridge
9S39 Cambridge - Brighton

There will be some changes to existing services to accommodate these 12 car trains, and services will be announced as 'via St Pancras' from the north and 'via London Bridge' from the south.

London Terminals tickets valid to St Pancras from the north, City Thameslink from the south as per today.

First class at the front of the train only, as per normal Thameslink operated services.
When do these services start?

APUK002

And Cambridge to Brighton it seems now. Glad they sorted the issues to run in public service throughout.

9J52 Horsham - Peterborough
9J58 Horsham - Peterborough
9J57 Peterborough - Horsham
9J63 Peterborough - Horsham

9S24 Brighton - Cambridge
9S39 Cambridge - Brighton

There will be some changes to existing services to accommodate these 12 car trains, and services will be announced as 'via St Pancras' from the north and 'via London Bridge' from the south.

London Terminals tickets valid to St Pancras from the north, City Thameslink from the south as per today.

First class at the front of the train only, as per normal Thameslink operated services.
Will these run during week? And be regular services(not just 1off’s)?

APUK002

All week from 26th,as in mon-fr(weekends 2?),forever(like all passenger services)from 26th?

jon0844

Veteran Member
All week from 26th,as in mon-fr(weekends 2?),forever(like all passenger services)from 26th?

Regular service, presumably until the May timetable change. Weekdays.

There may be weekend services too, but this is just Monday to Friday for now.

APUK002

Ok thought 26th was a Saturday(whoops!),the headcodes return no results in Realtimetrains atm.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Ok thought 26th was a Saturday(whoops!),the headcodes return no results in Realtimetrains atm.

It's Monday.

Meanwhile, 700s start as GN trains from tomorrow (although some will not happen in fact until Tuesday). Then they'll be in regular service, assuming they don't go wrong!

APUK002

It's Monday.

Meanwhile, 700s start as GN trains from tomorrow (although some will not happen in fact until Tuesday). Then they'll be in regular service, assuming they don't go wrong!
Ha,ok, more gn services coming next mon/tues,March,may then December then?

class387

Established Member
Now I have got onto real time I couldn’t find them. But thanks for posting.

The 1317 from Peterborough is interesting. It will have the 1319 right behind it. Unless they are planning to stop at WGC, Hatfield etc. (Which would be interesting as they will get stops now then come May nothing. )
I don't think it will stop at WGC and Hatfield given that they are meant to be FLUs which wouldn't fit in the platforms.

Skimble19

Established Member
As of Monday 26th February the following services will also be FLU (12 car) 700 operated:

1P44 08:22 Kings Cross to Peterborough
1P71 16:46 Peterborough to Kings Cross

Spur365

1P41 0510 PBO-KGX was a 8 car 700 today . Not sure if it was a one off as that was On the list for a revised one backdated for March. Not many seats left after Hitchin .

Last edited:

Failed Unit

Established Member
1P41 was a 8 car 700 today . Not sure if it was a one off as that was On the list for a revised one for March. Not many seats left after Hitchin .

Should this post mean anything to that majority of the forum? To me I have no idea of the time of the train etc.

philjo

Established Member
I saw an 8-coach 700 going north as ECS though Letchworth around 0715. I suspect this would be used on the 0732 Royston to Kings Cross service.
It looked like the 0713 from Royston was still 2x365s when it passed me at Hatfield.

Class315

You suspect correctly, the 0732 Royston - Kings Cross service is now in fact a 700, well 700049 today and for now the 0713 remains a 365.

whoosh

Established Member
The codes given to the Drivers automatically declassify the rear first class. There's then another load of button pressing through various menus to get it to cancel out.

It's easy to forget to do that as it's such a different train that has to be set up on a computer screen in the cab before it'll allow itself to be driven anywhere (even on a depot!)
Drivers are concentrating on getting this bit right (a small part of which also sets up the Information System - but with the rear declassified) and then forgetting to undo the declassification of first class as it then involves directly using the PIDS panel separately - i.e. Not the computer screen that initially set it up.

westcoaster

Established Member
The codes given to the Drivers automatically declassify the rear first class. There's then another load of button pressing through various menus to get it to cancel out.

It's easy to forget to do that as it's such a different train that has to be set up on a computer screen in the cab before it'll allow itself to be driven anywhere (even on a depot!)
Drivers are concentrating on getting this bit right (a small part of which also sets up the Information System - but with the rear declassified) and then forgetting to undo the declassification of first class as it then involves directly using the PIDS panel separately - i.e. Not the computer screen that initially set it up.
No need to muck about with the pids panel, simple trick just do not add the 1 to the pis code simples.the pis code will work as just a four digit code.

Quick edit

The pis codes are only four digits and work fine you then add one of the following for declassification.
0 = front declassified
1 = back declassified
2= both declassified

whoosh

Established Member
I'll have to try that again - I did try it before but couldn't get it to work with only four digits.

It would be completely daft if we are told to add the 1 on the end, only to then, it would seem, go and cancel it out it's affect afterwards! But I wouldnt be surprised!

Can confirm thatn1T18 1114 London Kings Cross to Ely Was not a 700. Perhaps the first time I've been disappointed to see a 365. Bit of a waste of £3 but there you go. I'll have another shot when they're a bit more confirmed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.