• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Compensation scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

What has happened with Great Western and their delay repay scheme? I have a valid claim for a journey in December 2016, but they still have not paid.
I keep receiving messages saying that a cheque has been issued but nothing ever arrives.
Who can I escalate my problem to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
What has happened with Great Western and their delay repay scheme? I have a valid claim for a journey in December 2016, but they still have not paid.
I keep receiving messages saying that a cheque has been issued but nothing ever arrives.
Who can I escalate my problem to?

Good question. I complained about the non-availability of the Pullman service on several attempts before Christmas, to be fobbed off with an "operational problems" email. To be fair, I wasn't due compensation.

Then a couple of weeks ago, completely out of the blue a fat cheque arrived in the post, more than covering the the cost of the fare (the amount of which I hadn't even told them). But that was three months after the event and where I hadn't even asked for anything (I was angling for one of their scratchcards, really).

Try their Twitter team, as a first port of call. That's where I went to, and presumably where the result came from.

Last edited:

I have repeatedly tried their Twitter team , and I have been told that a Manager will pass it back to their Head Office finance team. .
It is coming up to four months since the journey, so very unimpressed!

Master29

Established Member
They do seem a bit slow at the moment. I waited around 3 months before I got vouchers, which to be honest I was happy with.

bnm

Established Member
Of course their Customer Service is slow.

The moved CS supplier, from the distinctly average Serco to the extremely woeful Capita.

Status
Not open for further replies.