• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I applied the term "arthritic" to Cubic's glacially slow barriers. Pay attention.

Looks to me as if you have a gift for not enhancing sympathy. My experience is that unemotional and objective accounts are usually the most effective.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greaterwest

Established Member
I applied the term "arthritic" to Cubic's glacially slow barriers. Pay attention.

I think this is a hyperbole to the extreme, I've never had any problems/bad experiences when using them.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
GWR don't provide the service its customers pay for yet still expect them to pay anyway.

They did provide the service you paid for, by conveying you to your destination.

For their inability to convey you to your destination with minimal delay, you have recourse through their compensation scheme, as set out in the NRCoC, which is a contract you agreed to enter into when buying your ticket.

You still have to pay your fare.

BestWestern

Established Member
In the more general point, what are the responsibilities of the TOC or train staff if it is necessary to remove everyone from a train at an unmanned station?

The TOC has a responsibility to deliver everyone to their destination, exactly when and how can of course be rather variable. The crew of a train need to advise control of the numbers left at the station, and they will then take the decision on how best to cope. The railway does of course have a duty of care, and so that should be serviced by ensuring that either replacement transport is en route or failing that a member of staff is dispatched to the location so as not to have left pax alone for an excessive period of time. In many cases, the failed train may simply stay there until one of the above happens, however sometimes that isn't feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.