• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

themeone

A recent journey from Ashchurch to Chippenham on GWR was delayed by exactly 30 minutes. When I went to the GWR site to look into claiming compensation, it seems to depend on which part of the GWR network the journey was on, but it wasn't clear which part I used.

Could anyone tell me - the route I took was Ashchurch to Bristol Temple Meads. The delay then took place due to the cancellation of the next Temple Meads to Chippenham service. Both trains were GWR services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimm

Established Member
A recent journey from Ashchurch to Chippenham on GWR was delayed by exactly 30 minutes. When I went to the GWR site to look into claiming compensation, it seems to depend on which part of the GWR network the journey was on, but it wasn't clear which part I used.

Could anyone tell me - the route I took was Ashchurch to Bristol Temple Meads. The delay then took place due to the cancellation of the next Temple Meads to Chippenham service. Both trains were GWR services.

The services you used only pay out for a delay of more than an hour.

You only get a payment for 30-minutes plus delay on a journey of less than an hour within the former Thames Trains/Network South East area, ie from London Paddington out to Basingstoke, Newbury, Didcot, Banbury and Worcester.

ScouserGirl

just to let you know GWRs delay repay is for over an hours delay anyway, if you delayed by an hour then you should be able to claim delay repay

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
GWR do not operate Delay Repay at all.

They operate their Passenger's Charter compensation arrangement, which works very differently.

jimm

Established Member
just to let you know GWRs delay repay is for over an hours delay anyway, if you delayed by an hour then you should be able to claim delay repay

Rules in the Thames Valley region are different if using what used to be Thames Trains/FGW Link services, as I noted above, so you can claim compensation if delayed for more than 30 minutes on journey of less than an hour.

Though it does help to be persistent if turned down for compensation at the first attempt by GWR, as many of the claims handlers also seem to share the belief that you can only claim if delayed for more than an hour..

ScouserGirl

Rules in the Thames Valley region are different if using what used to be Thames Trains/FGW Link services, as I noted above, so you can claim compensation if delayed for more than 30 minutes on journey of less than an hour.

Though it does help to be persistent if turned down for compensation at the first attempt by GWR, as many of the claims handlers also seem to share the belief that you can only claim if delayed for more than an hour..

I use the services from Plymouth so the Thames Trains are no good to me haha! Luckily I've never had to use the delay repay policy by GWR! I know Virgin Trains delay repay inside out!

Status
Not open for further replies.