• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Driver Depots at Westbury and Gloucester

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolleyman

No longer sign 153’s and some depots in the Central region are no longer signing 150s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Grid56005

Any idea if Westbury drivers are going to learn 800s? Friend of a friend reckons they are, also learning Exeter and Reading

tlionhart

On the rumour mill, I’ve heard that Reading/Padd will be extending route knowledge from Bedwyn to Westbury. (Which already have 800 knowledge)

I know the Westbury guards sign Reading-Basingstoke. (Or in the process of learning that route)
Not sure about the drivers learning Reading/EXD?

I thought Glos was going to learn 800s?

We’ll see what happens in the future..?

trolleyman

Some Gloucester drivers and Bristol “GWR” drivers have/are learning IETS and Reading. Paddington from May.

Dieseldriver

Just bumping the thread. Can anyone shed light on the 'fixed' rest day pattern on a 3 week cycle that was alluded to a few posts back? Is there any changes to that with the new pay deal or is the roster staying the same? Are Sundays being brought into the working week with the paydeal? Also, is the earliest start still 0439? Many thanks.

vikingdriver

Just bumping the thread. Can anyone shed light on the 'fixed' rest day pattern on a 3 week cycle that was alluded to a few posts back? Is there any changes to that with the new pay deal or is the roster staying the same? Are Sundays being brought into the working week with the paydeal? Also, is the earliest start still 0439? Many thanks.

The rest day pattern...

Wk1: Sunday Monday Tuesday
Wk2: Wednesday Thursday
Wk3: Friday Saturday

So you get a 5 day weekend every 3 weeks. You'll also find you have other Sundays off depending on where the committed ones fall on the roster.

The roster is staying the same and Sundays are still outside of the working week with the pay deal and I'm not aware of any changes to that in the pipeline.

Currently the earliest sign on is around 04:19 but at the moment there are a couple of early special turns due to the Coronavirus related timetable.

Last edited:

Dieseldriver

The rest day pattern...

Wk1: Sunday Monday Tuesday
Wk2: Wednesday Thursday
Wk3: Friday Saturday

So you get a 5 day weekend every 3 weeks. You'll also find you have other Sundays off depending on where the committed ones fall on the roster.

The roster is staying the same and Sundays are still outside of the working week with the pay deal and I'm not aware of any changes to that in the pipeline.

Currently the earliest sign on is around 04:19 but at the moment there are a couple of early special turns due to the Coronavirus related timetable.
Thanks a lot for the information. Its a great help. Another couple of questions if that's OK? Do you know if there are currently a few vacancies or if there are many coming up? Also, how easy is it to swap your block leave at Westbury (I'm assuming it's 1 week spring, 2 weeks summer, 1 week winter with the rest to take as ad hoc days?)
Many thanks.

trolleyman

Thanks a lot for the information. Its a great help. Another couple of questions if that's OK? Do you know if there are currently a few vacancies or if there are many coming up? Also, how easy is it to swap your block leave at Westbury (I'm assuming it's 1 week spring, 2 weeks summer, 1 week winter with the rest to take as ad hoc days?)
Many thanks.

1 week winter
1 week spring
2 weeks summer
1 Week autumn - Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.