• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western HST diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunx2005

Just wondering which services the HST's are used on as I'm planning to do some mileage on this line (London - Exeter) for the first time!

Would much prefer a HST to get some window action.

Ta.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

To be honest it's a wing it on the day at the moment, but pretty much all should be HSTs.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If I were you, I'd wait 'til Summer, and consider booking to Penzance, as the best scenery is after Exeter, you can get AP fares all the way to PNZ for barely any more than the cost to Exeter.

devon_metro

Established Member
If I were you, I'd wait 'til Summer, and consider booking to Penzance, as the best scenery is after Exeter, you can get AP fares all the way to PNZ for barely any more than the cost to Exeter.

I'd stop short at Plymouth. Anywhere beyond Newton Abbot takes hours to get to and is seemingly dull. Sure the Royal Albert bridge is nice but there really is nothing to do at Penzance!

Do the Sea wall is my reccomendation.

Jord

Sea Wall would also be my recommendation, i did it in the summer, warm, sunny doing heads out behind a Valenta [non left now of course] with lots of people looking at you so you can flail :p

Established Member
Sea Wall would also be my recommendation, i did it in the summer, warm, sunny doing heads out behind a Valenta [non left now of course] with lots of people looking at you so you can flail :p

Don't think you will be haviong a screaming FGW Valenta down the wall this summer, flailing, no need, only for tractors :-P

chunx2005

Unfortuneatly I have to stop at Exeter.
I was just wondering which services the HST runs out of PAddington as I don't want to end up on a stoooopid Adelante! :razz:

theblackwatch

Established Member
Unfortuneatly I have to stop at Exeter.
I was just wondering which services the HST runs out of PAddington as I don't want to end up on a stoooopid Adelante! :razz:

When is it you're going? The 180s should all be out of service in around 3 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.