• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great western re-signalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slinky

Anyone know if the projects will go ahead right down into Cornwall. I keep hearing people say that they will run out of money but I thought the money was all set for the re-signalling to put it all in to Didcot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoe

Established Member
Anyone know if the projects will go ahead right down into Cornwall. I keep hearing people say that they will run out of money but I thought the money was all set for the re-signalling to put it all in to Didcot.
Cornwall is planned for resignalling in Control Period 6 between 2019 and 2024.

Slinky

Ok just I heard Totnes to Penzance was going to be brought forward and completed by 2017.

Zoe

Established Member
Ok just I heard Totnes to Penzance was going to be brought forward and completed by 2017.
If that's the case then it won't only be the end of the Cornish boxes but also Plymouth PSB. The latter wasn't originally planned for closure at least until 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.