• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Yarmouth carriage sidings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoggy

so when, if ever was the last 08 Pilot stationed at Vauxhall ? I was there 78 to 89 and can't recall one being allocated .
Its believed to be the first time an 08 has been based there. Previously it was 03s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Amlag

Moved down from Heaton
Seems this will be the main base for Eastern Rail Services, they have over 50 passenger vehicles, mostly
of BR MK II vintage and have now acquired RMS and all that entails,incl some stock etc at Meldon Quarry displaced from the failed Dartmoor Rly CIC, a subsidiary ( like the now ceased Weardale Rly CIC) of a bankrupt US outfit.

Smoggy

Former Nightstar Mk3 Generator Vehicle 96374 arrived on site at Yarmouth today after spending 9 years at Wabtec.

Henry Johnson

A Mk2 BSO Arrived at Yarmouth Carriage Sidings a couple of weeks ago, following a period of storage on the Mid Norfolk Railway.

dk1

Veteran Member
A Mk2 BSO Arrived at Yarmouth Carriage Sidings a couple of weeks ago, following a period of storage on the Mid Norfolk Railway.
And what a state it is in. Poor thing looks like it's been dragged out of Breydon Water. Takes me back to the late 70s seeing it there. Pity the 08 wasnt an 03 with runner ;)

Rick1984

I did spot the Nightstar generator cariige as I left Yarmouth 2 weeks ago. First time I've seen the two metal ring emblem other than pics of class 92

_toommm_

Established Member
I did spot the Nightstar generator cariige as I left Yarmouth 2 weeks ago. First time I've seen the two metal ring emblem other than pics of class 92

Is that the same generator that has sat in Doncaster West Yard/Wabtec for however many years?

Status
Not open for further replies.