• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia 317s at Hornsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossforth

Established Member
I passed Hornsey a few minutes ago and saw two GA 317 sat on depot. One was in old NX livery with GA branding and the other was in plain white with GA branding. Anybody know what they were and why they were there?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NXEA!

I passed Hornsey a few minutes ago and saw two GA 317 sat on depot. One was in old NX livery with GA branding and the other was in plain white with GA branding. Anybody know what they were and why they were there?

Cheers
Sets have been visiting Hornsey for the past week or so for tyre-turning as there is a backlog of work and they can't do it all at Ilford, some have been visiting Hornsey for the work. 317649 was there this morning, that was the plain white set you would've seen. :)

jopsuk

Veteran Member
For the ECS moves, I guess they can just contract FCC to provide a driver, and don't need to send a GA driver/member of staff with it? Just hand it over (no doubt there's paperwork) at Cambridge, and pick it up again on return?

Aictos

Established Member
For the ECS moves, I guess they can just contract FCC to provide a driver, and don't need to send a GA driver/member of staff with it? Just hand it over (no doubt there's paperwork) at Cambridge, and pick it up again on return?

Doubt it, more then likely it's a FOC driver from GBRF etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.