• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater anglia depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saracen_83

That’s only training salary I presume??? So once qualified will be more???

Anyone know what the shift pattern is like for a depot driver?? Is it a 4 day week?? Rest days??

Teddyward

That’s only training salary I presume??? So once qualified will be more???

Anyone know what the shift pattern is like for a depot driver?? Is it a 4 day week?? Rest days??
No that’s the wage. Depot pays less than mainline.

Saracen_83

Wow, I thought it was Mainline?

Even EMT in the other thread has a starting wage of 25ish and progresses to 35ish once qualified!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Does anybody know:

1. What GA’s policy on relocation is..?
  2. I know there’s no automatic mainline progression anymore but if after a few years a mainline role comes up, do depot drivers have to redo the psychometric tests?
Thanks!
Martin

Saracen_83

Sorry I was confused,

What I was thinking as per emt, the trainee depot drivers were paid 25k whilst training, once qualified depot drivers they were paid 35k...

My assumption, apparantly wrong, is that the 28k was training and would improve once qualified...

Ignore the Mainline bit, just me being a numpty!!

rhys37429

Does anybody know:

1. What GA’s policy on relocation is..?
  2. I know there’s no automatic mainline progression anymore but if after a few years a mainline role comes up, do depot drivers have to redo the psychometric tests?
Thanks!
Martin

2) you sit the psychometric tests for this vacancy so there wouldnt be a need to resit the test as you would of passed them.

david_VI

With regards to relocation you just go on a list and when a place comes up you can transfer. Think you can only do this once unless it's a swap.

The progression to mainline you'll get a chance to apply as the job comes up, along with any outsiders but skip right to the managers interview

martin2345uk

Established Member
Thanks mate, though with the relocating I meant more like, I live in Manchester, but I’m originally from Essex and would love to move back there, and wondered if this would mean automatic rejection...

I’m going for it regardless though :)

Mowgli

GA are one of the few TOCs that seem to be happy to accept applications from candidates wishing to relocate. I applied for a depot over 100 miles from where I live and was successful. You need to have relocated/be very close to relocating at the end of your 6 month probationary period.

martin2345uk

Established Member
GA are one of the few TOCs that seem to be happy to accept applications from candidates wishing to relocate. I applied for a depot over 100 miles from where I live and was successful. You need to have relocated/be very close to relocating at the end of your 6 month probationary period.

That’s matey. Which depot do you work at?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Thanks mate. Just been invited to do some online tests, assuming that’s SJT and the like..! (“,)

rhys37429

i seem to be having trouble submitting the application... iv filled in all the required fields but some how manage to have a "165% complete" application. i havent gone over any word counts or anything.. very bizarre.

Saracen_83

Anyone heard back from this after the online tests?? Completed mine 2 days ago and not heard anything yet??

Was surprised by the questions being based on an actual train drive role not just depot including g questions about customers etc

martin2345uk

Established Member
i seem to be having trouble submitting the application... iv filled in all the required fields but some how manage to have a "165% complete" application. i havent gone over any word counts or anything.. very bizarre.

Did you manage in the end mate?

Anyone heard back from this after the online tests?? Completed mine 2 days ago and not heard anything yet??

Was surprised by the questions being based on an actual train drive role not just depot including g questions about customers etc

I've just completed the online test now. It seemed to be the same questions as when I applied for trainee driver with them a while back which is unfortunate as I didn't get any further that time!

Saracen_83

Nope nothing!!

But to be fair closing date was only Friday so not expecting to hear anything for a while!!!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well I’m in Manchester at the moment :-/

But I’m from Chelmsford so I think I put Colchester and bishops stortford.

It’s a pretty long shot for me I’d say!!

Saracen_83

Yea, but if you don’t try you never know!! Hopefully they will consider relocation??

Only thing that worries me is salary, quite a drop!

gbi17

Well I’m in Manchester at the moment :-/

But I’m from Chelmsford so I think I put Colchester and bishops stortford.

It’s a pretty long shot for me I’d say!!

I am out of the 40/45 minute journey to the ilford depot but mentioned that I would relocate, as I had completed the assessments previously they have asked me to wait till interview slots are available. I dont think relocation is a problem with GA and their HR staff are really friendly and efficient!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Yea, but if you don’t try you never know!! Hopefully they will consider relocation??

Only thing that worries me is salary, quite a drop!

Same here mate it would be a big pay cut but money isn’t everything eh (“,)

martin2345uk

Established Member
I am out of the 40/45 minute journey to the ilford depot but mentioned that I would relocate, as I had completed the assessments previously they have asked me to wait till interview slots are available. I dont think relocation is a problem with GA and their HR staff are really friendly and efficient!

That’s also good to know, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.