• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia recruiting for Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lincdsg

I was just looking at this. The mentioned salary, is that the trainee salary? Any idea what qualified salary will be as this will be taking a pretty large pay cut if I go for it

Cyclist

The site asks for up to 3 stations which you are within 45 minutes of. I'm assuming this means you aren't allowed to apply even if willing to relocate?

ZNB12

I was just looking at this. The mentioned salary, is that the trainee salary? Any idea what qualified salary will be as this will be taking a pretty large pay cut if I go for it
That's trainee wage. Much higher pending location. 48 to 58k+ Sunday outside working week. Overtime, Bank Hols for now. In the mist of harmonisation between depots.

ZNB12

The site asks for up to 3 stations which you are within 45 minutes of. I'm assuming this means you aren't allowed to apply even if willing to relocate?
Depends, I knew a guy who applied for Stortford and had home address in Huddersfield. Think if you start looking for place around home depot would help!

Lincdsg

That's trainee wage. Much higher pending location. 48 to 58k+ Sunday outside working week. Overtime, Bank Hols for now. In the mist of harmonisation between depots.

Thanks, I assumed that would be the case. Application submitted, fingers crossed

387star

On Moderation
The Ex WAGN side has always had the lowest pay I think? Indeed lower than any other London area TOC

Why not advertise qualifieds for all depots. Stortford and Cambridge are always after trainees but Colchester Clacton and Norwich mainline is incredibly rare.. I guess those depots would take qualifieds too

scott118

The Ex WAGN side has always had the lowest pay I think? Indeed lower than any other London area TOC

Why not advertise qualifieds for all depots. Stortford and Cambridge are always after trainees but Colchester Clacton and Norwich mainline is incredibly rare.. I guess those depots would take qualifieds too

They sure are.

Most qualified drivers wouldn't want to take the pay cut to relocate.

whoosh

Established Member
Full rates are:

Former West Anglia £48,737

Former Great Eastern £50,266

Former Anglia £49,494

All have Sundays outside the working week, but you have a commitment to work all of your rostered Sundays unless you can find someone to work one for you.

Ex West Anglia is the lowest rate, but does have some nice terms and conditions, such as two rest days every week and no turn of duty books on before 05:00.

Ex Great Eastern has the highest pay, but most annual leave is part of the roster - 8 weeks on 2 weeks off. With about half of those 8 weeks on being five day weeks.

MidlandsChap

Morning all

Given the trainee positions are for "future Trainee Driver’s programmes 2018/2019".

What are the chances of the advert being taken down before the 25/05/2018 closing date?

I have a lot on this weekend and a likely hectic Monday/Tuesday at work so dont think I can get an application in before mid next week.

Lincdsg

Others may disagree but I'd do the application now. I tried applying for another toc last week and the job was removed within 36 hours when the closing date was about 2 weeks. I get the impression that they are removed automatically once they receive a pre determined amount of applications

whoosh

Established Member
I'd do it sooner rather than later, as said above. There's been a fair amount of pulling the advert early for jobs like this.

MidlandsChap

Yet, you have time to browse on here?

Yes.

There is a difference between browsing the internet on my phone whilst in a park cafe.

And sitting down in a quiet environment to write an application for (at the top end) a £49k job.

ZNB12

Full rates are:

Former Anglia £49,494

All have Sundays outside the working week, but you have a commitment to work all of your rostered Sundays unless you can find someone to work one for you.

Ex West Anglia is the lowest rate, but does have some nice terms and conditions, such as two rest days every week and no turn of duty books on before 05:00.

Ex Great Eastern has the highest pay, but most annual leave is part of the roster - 8 weeks on 2 weeks off. With about half of those 8 weeks on being five day weeks.
However west side have a lot of night turns. GE Side don't have night work. We may have 24hrs sign on, early sign at 0430 finish 0941.
We average a 5 day week on East.
Anglia have different terms and conditions to west and GE.

Richard555

I just applied. Thanks for putting up the link. I've been a guard for six years. I have a 1st class aerospace engineering degree and got turned down in the managers interview because I "expected to succeed". Fingers crossed

Last edited:

scott118

WA - Bishops Stortford Cambridge Liv St
A - Norwich Ipswich
GE - (not 100% sure) Liv St Colchester (possibly Ilford, Southend)

Established Member
Liverpool St have a WA depot (what’s left of Chingford when that was split for London Overground) and an Anglia Depot, not a GE depot. Different Ts&Cs until one day they are harmonised. The GE depots are Ilford, Southend Vic, Colchester and Clacton. Gidea Park is now an MTR Crossrail Depot.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Liverpool St have a WA depot (what’s left of Chingford when that was split for London Overground) and an Anglia Depot, not a GE depot. Different Ts&Cs until one day they are harmonised. The GE depots are Ilford, Southend Vic, Colchester and Clacton. Gidea Park is now an MTR Crossrail Depot.

Thank you too. I’ve applied, though I live in Manchester I’m from Essex and would love the chance to relocate back there (“,)

Lincdsg

Looks like I passed the paper sift, been invited to complete the online assessments

choochoobacca

Same here...!

Does anybody know how long we have to complete the assessments? There is a often a time limit, eg 3 days, but I can't see anything in the email. Not sure I have time to complete them today as travelling - anybody done them already? How long did it take?

332 > 444

Full rates are:

Former Anglia £49,494

Whilst in a KL restroom, we had an ex Stortford guy talking of them harmonising the pay to at least 60k, I guess that didn't work out?

I'm surprised they're not looking for depot drivers on the GE side as I thought that's what everyone starts on when on the GE/Anglia side.

Lincdsg

Does anybody know how long we have to complete the assessments? There is a often a time limit, eg 3 days, but I can't see anything in the email. Not sure I have time to complete them today as travelling - anybody done them already? How long did it take?

Not sure, when I did the same sort of thing for virgin a while back they put a date on it that it needed to be done by. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow evening, as long as it's done in the next few days I imagine you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.