• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia recruiting for Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyward

That’s great news! Where have you applied for?
Well I put down bishops stortford and Colchester but i think it’s for depot driving at Southend. The email says interview for mainline but there’s an attachment that I can’t open that’s entitled Southend depot. Suits me if there’s no courses for the foreseeable.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Well I put down bishops stortford and Colchester but i think it’s for depot driving at Southend. The email says interview for mainline but there’s an attachment that I can’t open that’s entitled Southend depot. Suits me if there’s no courses for the foreseeable.

So do you live within the required distance for Southend - or the others?

Oh and good luck!

Mashud121

She has got her Managers Interview to come. But regardless- it’s Nov 2019 start (For Bishops Stortford anyway!)[/QUOT
There’s a huge backlog at the moment. I have been told by our HR that they’ve got courses booked up until at least November 2019.

A friend of mine who’s also a Driver at our depot said that his daughter passed all of the assessments and she cannot start until 2019.

Hi mate can you private message me thanks.

Mashud121

I've still not heard anything. Amazes me how long it takes. I applied for Arriva (London Overground) back in March and still haven't heard from them.
Yes i just heard back from overground straight to managers interview i applied in march but did all my assesments with a foc.

Set_DRA

Ty.
Bishops stortford and Southend definitely within the 45 mins. Colchester....bit of a stretch but doable on a clear run.

45 minutes is ideal- I think the maximum is 90 minutes. I have a mate of mine who lives in Leighton Buzzard and commutes to CBG everyday. If we work a 10 hour day- with his commute it’s now a 13-14 hour day.

**** that!!!

Teddyward

Yeah, was a good interview I felt and the interviewers made me feel very comfortable.

But that’s not always a sure sign plus I’m not sure how many spaces there are to interviewees so will just have to wait and see.

Was told I would hear back soon, fingers crossed!
Did you do it at Stratford?

Andym1976

I've recently had my dmi at Bishops Stortford, has anyone had results from theirs yet?

OneLowban

I've recently had my dmi at Bishops Stortford, has anyone had results from theirs yet?
Not yet. When did you have yours?

When I chose my time slot the latest date was Monday August 6th so I’m guessing we will find it after that unless there were more interview dates after that?

What time slots did you have to choose from?

Teddyward

I still haven’t heard back yet whether I’m to be interviewed for depot or mainline. :s
Best swot up for both roles.

Andym1976

I chose 27th at 1130, can't remember the times available but I think that there were three dates, August being one of them. I feel it went ok, very relaxing atmosphere but I think it depends on numbers of vacancies

Not yet. When did you have yours?

When I chose my time slot the latest date was Monday August 6th so I’m guessing we will find it after that unless there were more interview dates after that?

What time slots did you have to choose from?

OneLowban

I chose 27th at 1130, can't remember the times available but I think that there were three dates, August being one of them. I feel it went ok, very relaxing atmosphere but I think it depends on numbers of vacancies

You must have been the guy waiting to go in when I came out 8-) mine was booked for 10:45 but went in about 11 I think.

Yes it was a relaxing atmosphere indeed. I felt the same. Here’s hoping we both get good news.

Andym1976

You must have been the guy waiting to go in when I came out 8-) mine was booked for 10:45 but went in about 11 I think.

Yes it was a relaxing atmosphere indeed. I felt the same. Here’s hoping we both get good news.
Mine was running late by a bit, they said that hr allocated 45 per interview which was a bit tight. Fingers crossed then☺

OneLowban

Mine was running late by a bit, they said that hr allocated 45 per interview which was a bit tight. Fingers crossed then☺
Yeah when I went in they said sorry you get talking and then lose track of time lol.

Definitely fingers crossed.

MidlandsChap

Are all those getting interviews the people who already passed a psychometric test?

If thats the case do we deduce that all the other applicants will not near anything else?

Since completing the online test, the last I heard was when we got several emails about data protection.

OneLowban

Are all those getting interviews the people who already passed a psychometric test?

If thats the case do we deduce that all the other applicants will not near anything else?

Since completing the online test, the last I heard was when we got several emails about data protection.
I have done the tests previously, yeah.

I wouldn’t think they would just disregard everybody else though.

Teddyward

I have too and am doing my upmost to get a job while they’re still valid as I don’t fancy doing them again!

choochoobacca

I'm in the same boat as you - silence but no rejection yet, despite not having done psychometrics etc previously

Status
Not open for further replies.