• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia recruiting for Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The One

No worries I know it can be worrying but as long you declare all medication too.
I worked on the railway with some big lads over the years and as some one said you could be in excellent condition with weights etc and still be over the BMI.
As I said don’t worry about the BMI as long you can move about and walk etc hence touch your toes and balance ok.
If memory serves me corrrct you do the following.
Eye test includes colour blindness.
Hearing test
ECG tests
Blood pressure etc
Urine tests and breathalyser too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The One

No worries good luck with rest of it and don’t worry about the medical.And what ever you do don’t run or get stressed on way to medical allow plenty of time etc because they have this habit of doing blood pressure first lol

OneLowban

Thanks a lot for the info and advice. I’m not sure what my BMI is but I know for a fact it’s over 33.

I’ve been to the gym on and off for a few years now, less so in the last year so I am carrying quite a lot I know, but have decent muscle mass also and can touch toes easily with fingers almost flat on the floor and have no restrictions with movement etc

It’s just literally the last hurdle..

OneLowban

Did you find out the awnser to this ?

Thanks
When I applied and emailed recruitment they said we will check to see if you have passed ‘to our standard’ so I believe it’s enhanced.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Lincdsg

Did you find out the awnser to this ?

Thanks
I'm not really sure. The toc I did it with last year said they only needed a standard pass which is what they said I had. As has been mentioned, greater anglia said I passed to their standard but I had to do the dfft as I didn't do that one last time, so I'm not exactly sure what standards they accept. Sorry I can't be more help

Charliew24

I'm not really sure. The toc I did it with last year said they only needed a standard pass which is what they said I had. As has been mentioned, greater anglia said I passed to their standard but I had to do the dfft as I didn't do that one last time, so I'm not exactly sure what standards they accept. Sorry I can't be more help
What TOC did you do it with last year mate ?

Teddyward

If you’ve done your psychometrics before and haven’t heard back yet drop a quick email asking if they’re good enough. I did and got an interview for a job that wasn’t advertised. You have nothing to lose.

OneLowban

If you’ve done your psychometrics before and haven’t heard back yet drop a quick email asking if they’re good enough. I did and got an interview for a job that wasn’t advertised. You have nothing to lose.
Which job was that mate?

Dispatcher999

Has anyone heard anything or had an interview that hasn’t completed the tests? Other than the initial one we all had to do at the start of course..

Andym1976

Just thinking about medical, I have mine on 24th for a start 8th October. The results will have to be pretty quick to allow for notice in my current job, I have been told by a mate that his results took ages to come back before references were taken

OneLowban

Just thinking about medical, I have mine on 24th for a start 8th October. The results will have to be pretty quick to allow for notice in my current job, I have been told by a mate that his results took ages to come back before references were taken
My notice is 4 weeks too. From what I’ve gathered the urine test is all you might need to wait for, but everything else should be okay for on the day results I would imagine?

And if you know you are clean etc and know everything else on the day was okay I would imagine you can say you’ve passed.

References I’ve also heard are taken after starting sometimes.

Andym1976

My notice is 4 weeks too. From what I’ve gathered the urine test is all you might need to wait for, but everything else should be okay for on the day results I would imagine?

And if you know you are clean etc and know everything else on the day was okay I would imagine you can say you’ve passed.

References I’ve also heard are taken after starting sometimes.
I wonder if they send you an offer before notice goes in, I would like to have it in writing before I hand in my notice. So close, it's getting nail biting now.

OneLowban

I wonder if they send you an offer before notice goes in, I would like to have it in writing before I hand in my notice. So close, it's getting nail biting now.
I hope so I would too. Same, mines on Tuesday. Hoping it all goes okay.

Teddyward

I’ll need something in writing before handing in my notice as it’s non reversible. References not worried about, I expect my sergeant will just cut and paste the one he did for me for freightliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.