• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia recruiting for Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mashud121

My notice is 4 weeks too. From what I’ve gathered the urine test is all you might need to wait for, but everything else should be okay for on the day results I would imagine?

And if you know you are clean etc and know everything else on the day was okay I would imagine you can say you’ve passed.

References I’ve also heard are taken after starting sometimes.
Hi mate is this 100 percent that refrences are taken after starting im slightly concernd about this as i wont be at work to chase it up because my company is very slow specialy hr the last job i went for they didnt return the ref form for 8 weeks i might just ask anglia to let me know so i can chase it up

OneLowban

Hi mate is this 100 percent that refrences are taken after starting im slightly concernd about this as i wont be at work to chase it up because my company is very slow specialy hr the last job i went for they didnt return the ref form for 8 weeks i might just ask anglia to let me know so i can chase it up
Not sure if it’s 100% mate just what I was told by a current GA driver from a couple of years ago. But yeah don’t see why you can’t ask to chase it up.

Andym1976

A friend of mine said that he waited three weeks for the medical results and then they applied for references before he handed in his notice

Shunter_69

My notice is 4 weeks too. From what I’ve gathered the urine test is all you might need to wait for, but everything else should be okay for on the day results I would imagine?

And if you know you are clean etc and know everything else on the day was okay I would imagine you can say you’ve passed.

References I’ve also heard are taken after starting sometimes.

I had this problem when I joined. Medical was the day before I had to hand my notice in.

I asked the Doc on the day if I’d passed (urine excepted) and he said yes so I resigned the next day. I got my urine test result about an hour after resigning.

If you are tight on timescales speak to Sally and she should be able to confirm your results.

OneLowban

A friend of mine said that he waited three weeks for the medical results and then they applied for references before he handed in his notice
3 weeks? Wow hopefully not that long.

I had this problem when I joined. Medical was the day before I had to hand my notice in.

I asked the Doc on the day if I’d passed (urine excepted) and he said yes so I resigned the next day. I got my urine test result about an hour after resigning.

If you are tight on timescales speak to Sally and she should be able to confirm your results.
I think I will do this too as I need to know ASAP. Cheers mate.

OneLowban

Just had the medical, all was fine I just need to send my glasses prescription and wait for the drugs and alcohol sample results.

OneLowban

Good news, was it a touch the toes thing as mentioned before?
Yeah, I had..

Urine sample
Blood pressure
ECG
Height and weight
Sight test - with/without glasses/contact lenses
Hearing test
Mobility test - this was moving arms around, wrist movement, touch toes, squat, kneel on both knees and get back up and tip toe and back down.

Then I saw the Dr and there’s a picture of two shapes on a page and you have to draw the same image underneath.

Had to clap my hands with the top hand alternating between the palm and back of the hand with both hands.

Peripheral vision test - Dr sits in front of you and you have to look at his nose, his arms are out wide and you have to point to which hand he wiggles his finger on.

Then he listened to my heart and that was all. I think.

Andym1976

Yeah, I had..

Urine sample
Blood pressure
ECG
Height and weight
Sight test - with/without glasses/contact lenses
Hearing test
Mobility test - this was moving arms around, wrist movement, touch toes, squat, kneel on both knees and get back up and tip toe and back down.

Then I saw the Dr and there’s a picture of two shapes on a page and you have to draw the same image underneath.

Had to clap my hands with the top hand alternating between the palm and back of the hand with both hands.

Peripheral vision test - Dr sits in front of you and you have to look at his nose, his arms are out wide and you have to point to which hand he wiggles his finger on.

Then he listened to my heart and that was all. I think.
So you are just waiting for test results, I wonder with the alcohol test whether it's any alcohol present or if you've had alcohol recently

OneLowban

So you are just waiting for test results, I wonder with the alcohol test whether it's any alcohol present or if you've had alcohol recently
Yeah.

I think the lady asked me if I had any recently along with the medication in last 2 weeks, not sure but there’s also a question on the medical form - fill that out and hand it to reception when you go in.

Andym1976

Yeah.

I think the lady asked me if I had any recently along with the medication in last 2 weeks, not sure but there’s also a question on the medical form - fill that out and hand it to reception when you go in.
That's a clue because there is a test that shows the consumption of alcohol after 80 hours, I'll be fine with that though. I'm just curious because you could drink on a night off and be clear in time for work after rest days

OneLowban

That's a clue because there is a test that shows the consumption of alcohol after 80 hours, I'll be fine with that though. I'm just curious because you could drink on a night off and be clear in time for work after rest days
Oh right yeah. Should be fine mate.

OneLowban

Also I forgot the colour blind test with the dots where you have to say the numbers you see.

Teddyward

I guess we will end up doing the same induction week. As far as I know I will be one of two people heading for Southend after initial training.

Panupreset

We still have mutual on c2c. There was a recent change with TFL recently, we can only travel on TFL on our staff pass to and from work and whilst on duty now.

Set_DRA

We still have mutual on c2c. There was a recent change with TFL recently, we can only travel on TFL on our staff pass to and from work and whilst on duty now.

Because TfL are slags. And let’s be honest who even likes going PASS from Seven Kings lol

OneLowban

Do Greater Anglia staff receive any discounts etc on retail shops?

Particularly EE. Can currently get 20% off where I work now.

Set_DRA

Do Greater Anglia staff receive any discounts etc on retail shops?

Particularly EE. Can currently get 20% off where I work now.

There’s loads of discounts available. We have a website which entitles is to discounts on holidays, cinema, retail, hotels.

You’ll be given the details on your induction day.

You are eligible for the Discounts from day 1!

OneLowban

There’s loads of discounts available. We have a website which entitles is to discounts on holidays, cinema, retail, hotels.

You’ll be given the details on your induction day.

You are eligible for the Discounts from day 1!
That’s great! Music to my ears lol. Cheers mate.

OneLowban

It keeps getting better
It does!

I just gave Sally a call and she said she got my results back this morning, all good.

They’re just waiting for the paperwork to be processed and will be sending it out to me.

So happy. :smile:

Andym1976

Well done mate, that's a quick time for results. I go for mine tomorrow
It does!

I just gave Sally a call and she said she got my results back this morning, all good.

They’re just waiting for the paperwork to be processed and will be sending it out to me.

So happy. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.