Greater Anglia Rolling Stock Updates

Discussion in 'Traction & Rolling Stock' started by Wivenswold, 9 Mar 2017.

1. samuelmorris

samuelmorris Established Member

If 1st class is going in, that target isn't going to be met. The seating count is already pretty much as high as it can possibly be.

2. F Great Eastern

F Great Eastern Established Member

That's my point - if they are going to keep to that commitment, they are going to have to squeeze things even more tighter and I can't fathom how they will do that without a serious impact on passenger comfort.

They have to either not bother with First Class or reduce the number of standard seats slightly to put a small amount in. Reducing the seat pitch and space in standard class further is absolutely not acceptable and is a non starter for me.

3. dk1

dk1 Established Member

The 37 diagram isn't exactly intensive compared to some DMU diagrams particularly Sheringham & Cambridge & the new timetable is expected to be quite tight. You must remember that diagrams are planned over 2-3 days between fuel depending on where units end their day. This changes everything.

4. eastdyke

eastdyke Member

The 37 diagram is atypical. The Felixstowe unit does over 500 miles per day with only 4 minutes at each end. :'( So drivers will need to be easy on the juice to make it through just one day. But at least they can refuel at Ipswich before each new day - if they make it.
    The Sudbury unit does around 400 miles per day, overnighting in Colchester. If the new depot at Brantham has fuel facilities (not sure ???) then perhaps it will overnight and be refuelled there. :)

5. dk1

dk1 Established Member

Easy on the juice? How does that work then?

6. eastdyke

eastdyke Member

My point is that it doesn't work does it? 'Less a friendly freight will push you up to Westerfield :lol:.

7. dk1

dk1 Established Member

No train driver bothers about fuel consumption & half the time we leave a key in so it idles for hours on end.

8. eastdyke

eastdyke Member

So you wonder why you're getting new stock with smaller tanks? <D

9. dk1

dk1 Established Member

It's never entered my head but probably because with the exchange rate these trains where cheap as chips.