• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Rolling Stock Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
On the 9.30 from Norwich to London now. 9.00 cancelled and so 9.30 stopped at Stowmarket. It's short formed by a coach too.

Standing room only at Ipswich.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
On the 9.30 from Norwich to London now. 9.00 cancelled and so 9.30 stopped at Stowmarket. It's short formed by a coach too.

Standing room only at Ipswich.
The 09:00 from Norwich did run. It was the 09:04 that was cancelled as the bins failed before departure.

Class 170101

Established Member
The 09:00 from Norwich did run. It was the 09:04 that was cancelled as the bins failed before departure.

Thats poor. The 09:00 should have been cancelled and the 09:04 and its back working as a hauled set run as this benefits more passengers than Norwich in 90.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Wasn't fun to lean up against exit door all way from Ipswich to London I can tell you that on the 9.30

Made worse by not being able to reserve seat.

dk1

Veteran Member
Thats poor. The 09:00 should have been cancelled and the 09:04 and its back working as a hauled set run as this benefits more passengers than Norwich in 90.
Easier said than done. The driver on the 321s needed to move them & would be the only one in the area who signs the emus. Then the crew on the 0900 would have 57mins enforced overtime if working the 0904/1130 which they where unlikely to agree to. The only passengers who really suffered where Diss and to a lesser extent Stowmarket who if arriving early enough could've caught the Ni90 up at Ipswich by getting the preceding local. All other stations have plenty of options. In the end the 1130 was reinstated with another pair of 321s.

The Ni90 at 0900 wouldve been very busy today and even the 1100 down looked well loaded as it crawled passed me through Diss having caught up the late running 1030.

Class 170101

Established Member
The Ni90 at 0900 wouldve been very busy today and even the 1100 down looked well loaded as it crawled passed me through Diss having caught up the late running 1030.

Both 09:00 and 09:04 probably would be busy. 11:00 (and others) from London certainly too with Newcastle and Norwicfh supporters heading to Norwich vice coming via Ely due to EMT strike.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
On my MK3 rake home tonight the letters were all jumbled up in a weird order, the so called quiet coach was the third coach according to the labels and sign, but actually it was coach C, the front one, despite the fact it wasn't labelled to say so. Baby on train decided to relieve themselves and we were treated to two changes of nappy in full view of all passengers and a terrible smell for the journey!

Seen quite a few rakes with a similar jumbling of letters and quiet coaches that are not quiet coaches being labelled as they and non quiet coaches that actually are them not labelled as such. Seems now they are not bothering with reservations the rakes are all over the place.

dk1

Veteran Member
On my MK3 rake home tonight the letters were all jumbled up in a weird order, the so called quiet coach was the third coach according to the labels and sign, but actually it was coach C, the front one, despite the fact it wasn't labelled to say so. Baby on train decided to relieve themselves and we were treated to two changes of nappy in full view of all passengers and a terrible smell for the journey!

Seen quite a few rakes with a similar jumbling of letters and quiet coaches that are not quiet coaches being labelled as they and non quiet coaches that actually are them not labelled as such. Seems now they are not bothering with reservations the rakes are all over the place.
Wouldn't have happened in my time in production at Crown Point. I was asked to relabel the vehicle if the appropriate letter wasn't straight. They where a bugger to get off externally too especially in cold weather. It's all going to be a muddle for the next few months. Ironically I've asked several mainline guards & none have had a single complaint reguarding the lack of individual seat reservations.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a reminder this thread is for Greater Anglia Rolling Stock Updates and is not a 'master thread' for any incident on the Great Eastern Main Line

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
Just a reminder this thread is for Greater Anglia Rolling Stock Updates and is not a 'master thread' for any incident on the Great Eastern Main Line

Boooo, you're no fun. :( :lol:

Meanwhile on my MK3 rake home tonight the letters were all jumbled up in a weird order, the so called quiet coach was the third coach according to the labels and sign, but actually it was coach C, the front one, despite the fact it wasn't labelled to say so. Baby on train decided to relieve themselves and we were treated to two changes of nappy in full view of all passengers and a terrible smell for the journey!

Pretty sure that was the same set I had back to Norwich yesterday (1538 from Stratford). I think I counted four carriages in a row which claimed to be "coach F" inside, and the MK3 I sat in (12024) had quiet coach decals plastered over it despite being in the middle of the formation.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Boooo, you're no fun. :( :lol:

Pretty sure that was the same set I had back to Norwich yesterday (1538 from Stratford). I think I counted four carriages in a row which claimed to be "coach F" inside, and the MK3 I sat in (12024) had quiet coach decals plastered over it despite being in the middle of the formation.

I was on the 8.30 from LST so quite likely it was the same set, there was one coach, think it was the second one, that had one letter on it, another below it, with a black sticker with another letter over the top of the top letter.

I wanted to get in the quiet coach and I saw that coach in the middle with quiet coach everyhwere and was a little confused but kept walking down to the end and saw the coach C without the decals although the conductor said the front coach was the quiet coach. Normally go to the front coach as it's normally the least packed as it avoids the masses getting on at LST and Stratford and the quiet coach puts a few people off too.

MrPIC

How long has that 317 been away at Scotland now? Got to be at least 12 months? Guess they're still removing the decades of gaffer tape that hold them together.

Adrian1980uk

I was on the 8.30 from LST so quite likely it was the same set, there was one coach, think it was the second one, that had one letter on it, another below it, with a black sticker with another letter over the top of the top letter.

I wanted to get in the quiet coach and I saw that coach in the middle with quiet coach everyhwere and was a little confused but kept walking down to the end and saw the coach C without the decals although the conductor said the front coach was the quiet coach. Normally go to the front coach as it's normally the least packed as it avoids the masses getting on at LST and Stratford and the quiet coach puts a few people off too.

Least I'm guessing the new ones will be electronic boards but also they're fixed formation EMUs so I'm guessing they cant change the order

How long has that 317 been away at Scotland now? Got to be at least 12 months? Guess they're still removing the decades of gaffer tape that hold them together.

The first one left Ilford for Kilmarnock on the 8th October.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
170203 was the train involved in the 250 fan riot at Peterborough station yesterday

The passenger comms system and the emergency cord system was badly damaged and the unit returned to Ipswich ECS for repairs.

Just when AGA couldn't afford to lose any more units.

Adrian1980uk

170203 was the train involved in the 250 fan riot at Peterborough station yesterday

The passenger comms system and the emergency cord system was badly damaged and the unit returned to Ipswich ECS for repairs.

Although far from ideal, at least it's when the flirts are coming into service and not a couple of months ago

F Great Eastern

Established Member
It will still be another 6 months or so before the roll-out of FLIRTS on the local route is complete and the Turbostars are leaving shortly.

170TurboFan

Is it me or are AGA having bad luck with 3 Car 170s being damaged or going wrong, 203 was on a Sheringham diagram recently and failed at Cromer due to break problems, then 204 suffered an incident with deer, then 203 has had this happen to it. Not mentioning 202 running around as a 2 car for around 8 months last year. I hope TFW actually get them on time and in one piece. Decent units for the age of them, offer decent comfort, just need TLC really.

Class 170101

Established Member

I can't believe GA will bother anymore. I'd tell the fans to slum it if they won't behave.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Pointless even talking about it because apparently talking about units vandalised now is considered off-topic and posts are being deleted, this forum is really being over moderated now.

I understand the need for moderation to stop things going wildly off topic but in the wider picture of the ongoing issues with unit shortages pending introduction of the new fleet. If we can't discuss the events that are excavating that problem then there's something wrong.

Let it flow a bit mods, if nobody in the thread has a problem with discussing it is there really a reason for a mod to simply delete posts? Too much over zealous moderation destroying a good community of GA users who use this thread regularly Don't drive them away. .

Last edited:

dk1

Veteran Member
I have to agree that moderation is getting a tad pedantic. Starting to spoil this forum unfortunately.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member

Could these unfortunate incidents and loss of units perhaps act as an incentive to Greater Anglia to work for a faster introduction of the Flirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.