• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia train driver assessment day info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamchop

Hi all... there are so many tests.

Which ones do you get on the 2nd day of assessments? Do you get all the ones listed in the provided work sheets? Thanks.

And well done Jonty!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonty

Hi all... there are so many tests.

Which ones do you get on the 2nd day of assessments? Do you get all the ones listed in the provided work sheets? Thanks.

And well done Jonty!
Hi Lamchop ,thanks . everything you need for all Assessments will be sent to you via email and then you print it off . It’s hard to practice for stage 2 as these are computer based but plenty of info on the forums and you tube on what to expect . Usually 3 /4 different tests on stage 2 . I asked at the end of stage one what tests I would be sitting for stage 2 .Good luck

Lamchop

Ah thanks... this is the joystick one and staring at a grey square?

All these tests would normally be quite fun if they were inconsequential!

Jonty

Ah thanks... this is the joystick one and staring at a grey square?

All these tests would normally be quite fun if they were inconsequential!
Yes I agree . The joysticks test is not to bad you get a little
Practice 1st so make the most of that . The grey square you just have to stop your mind wondering although it will be the longest 30 mins of you’re life ha ha . Best of luck

Dnlnwobi

Ok so stage 1 you will get all the practice material you require to pass it before you attend , just make sure you do plenty of practice ,get a good nights sleep , arrive early , dress smart . The rest is up to you my friend . Good luck .
Ok thanks, another question is stage 1 only dots, fault finding, memory test and high&low tones or is there more?

Hey Jonty,
Got through Stage 1, so pleased with that, it's a bit nerve wracking when you are waiting for them to mark the papers!
Just waiting on the Stage 2 dates now.
Your stage one assessment do you remember all the tests that was given to you on the day? And do you have to get all the questions right to progress.

Last edited:

Jonty

Ok thanks, another question is stage 1 only dots, fault finding, memory test and high&low tones or is there more?

Your stage one assessment do you remember all the tests that was given to you on the day? And do you have to get all the questions right to progress.
Stage one was everything you have mentioned plus the phone book test , sorry I cannot remember the names of them . All the info is on this forum though guys . as I said before everything you need is in the pack they send you before just learn it all and you will be fine . Most of it is speed and accuracy so just do it as fast and accurately as you can .

MattyL

@Jonty Congratulations passing the interview & being offered the job. Where will you be based? And good luck!

@Dnlnwobi as Jonty has said, all the tests you mentioned were the ones i had on Stage one. I'd just say practice and stay calm. They unfortunately don't give you the results of how well you have done so not sure if have to get everything correct, but as you can presume there must be a benchmark to hit for each test.

Hi guys , I’ve just sat my stage 1 and stage 2 assessment days and now have my dmi this month .
Hi Jonty, just received my invite for Stage 2. Other than the computer based tests, did you have any sort of interview, such as the MMI?

Last edited:

Jonty

@Jonty Congratulations passing the interview & being offered the job. Where will you be based? And good luck!

@Dnlnwobi as Jonty has said, all the tests you mentioned were the ones i had on Stage one. I'd just say practice and stay calm. They unfortunately don't give you the results of how well you have done so not sure if have to get everything correct, but as you can presume there must be a benchmark to hit for each test.

Hi Jonty, just received my invite for Stage 2. Other than the computer based tests, did you have any sort of interview, such as the MMI?
Thanks mattyL for you’re kind words . Yes computer based tests and then a situational judgement test followed by mmi .

Jonty

haha, can't wait for it then!
Any tips?
Was everyone suit and tie for the assessment day?
When’s you’re stage 2 ? Yes dress smart , everyone wore suit and tie on the day . my only tip would be take food and drink, oh and prepare for you’re MMI.

Last edited:

MattyL

When’s you’re stage 2 ? Yes dress smart , everyone wore suit and tie on the day . my only tip would be take food and drink, oh and prepare for you’re MMI.
Ok thanks, lockdown has made the suits a little tight! :lol:
Got stage 2 on Thursday!

Jonty

Ha ha yea tell me about it, my waistline is deffo not what it once was , oh exciting times , is that in Watford ?

Jonty

opc , if you’re driving there’s a multi storey car park right by the travelodge hotel thts where I parked , 2 min walk from there .

MattyL

opc , if you’re driving there’s a multi storey car park right by the travelodge hotel thts where I parked , 2 min walk from there .
Thanks, used to live round there so got parking permits i can use close by which is handy! Takes the stress out of having to find the place too!

Jonty

Thanks, used to live round there so got parking permits i can use close by which is handy! Takes the stress out of having to find the place too!
Happy days , well good luck , let us know how it goes .

Hi all, this is my first post so am unable to privately message. I wonder if any existing GA train driver would be kind enough to PM me the training salary and current salary structure please?
Also are Sundays included?

Many thanks.

Jonty

Hi all, this is my first post so am unable to privately message. I wonder if any existing GA train driver would be kind enough to PM me the training salary and current salary structure please?
Also are Sundays included?

Many thanks.
I can tell you the training salary is 32k

Termy

I applied for London Liverpool Street back in 2019, and having previously passed everything but the DFFT (the recruitment team confirmed my previous scores meet GA's standards for all other tests!), I'm popping in to do the DFFT when I come back from Canada. I picked the best/worst time for a holiday!

MattyL

Ooohhh.... Good luck, I have my DMI next Wednesday. Exciting times!
Good luck with the DMI! Let us all know how you get on. Was it yourself who was looking for the original job advert on here?
Just found out this morning I passed Stage 2 so now just waiting on a date for the DMI!

@thamba@hotmail, good luck, take the advice on here on board & stay calm during it all.

Termy

Booked in for Tuesday next week, after I return from Canada over the weekend. Wonder if I will just be sitting the DFFT or all the Stage 1 tests again. XD I've passed them before, I can pass them again!

Booked in for Tuesday next week, after I return from Canada over the weekend. Wonder if I will just be sitting the DFFT or all the Stage 1 tests again. XD I've passed them before, I can pass them again!

Should just be the DFFT. I was told that GA take your previous results into account up to three years.
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.