• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia train driver assessment day info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termy

Just received the unsuccessful email from my DMI
Sorry to hear that. :( As Jonty said, GA seem to be very generous with letting you try again with things... The team were lovely when I went in yesterday and said we could try Stage 1 again if we did fail in six months, or St least they'd try. I thought that was brilliant.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MattyL

Thanks both

Yeah i'll keep an eye out for other TOCs.
So I wouldn't have to take the assessments again them?

I've contacted Jordan for feedback and like you say, will be back in touch with him in 6 months! Do you know if they have to be actively recruiting to get another shot at it?

Termy

Not for three years (with GA at least), you've passed the tests to their standards so if you apply to GA again (and any other TOC that uses the same tests and standards of equal or less) you should go straight through to DMI.

That's what I've done, bar the DFFT I had to sit yesterday! Passed one test at GA standards for stage 1, and now I'm waiting for a DMI invite.

Jonty

No you won’t need to take assessments again , as far as I’m aware and from what I understood why I asked the questions if you contact jordan after 5-6 months and have a chat get the dmi done and hopefully if you pass and there is a position it should be you’res.don’t give you. And good luck

MattyL

Ah ok, great stuff, that's good to know!

Thanks guys and Termy, good luck with the DMI, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the date.

Termy

good luck with the DMI
Thank you! I've failed one DMI before with Heathrow Express, so I'm a little nervous about it... but I am hoping this one goes considerably better this time around!

MattyL

Let's hope so. Hopefully the experience of Heathrow Express will help you out.

Lamchop

Just received the unsuccessful email from my DMI. So frustrating to have got this far but knew the interview didn't go great so kind of expected it.

Time to look for the next challenge!
Oh no, I'm gutted for you MattyL... But like everyone else has said, hopefully you get another crack at the DMI.

I had my DMI before you, but still haven't heard yet, so I'm still waiting nervously! :frown:

Sorry to hear that, Matty. I know it’s disappointing but when next you apply to TOCs, you’ll be straight through to the DMI or maybe have to take the odd stage 2 test beforehand. Hopefully you’ll be attractive as a candidate because the TOC won’t have to put you through the majority of tests.

Lamchop

Thanks both

Yeah i'll keep an eye out for other TOCs.

I've contacted Jordan for feedback and like you say, will be back in touch with him in 6 months! Do you know if they have to be actively recruiting to get another shot at it?
Woah... Jordan has to deal with everyone?! I don't envy his job at all! Can't imagine all the emails he must receive!

MattyL

Afternoon all and Happy New Year. Thought i'd check in and see how you guys got on with the DMI's?

Termy

Unfortunately they delayed booking them in until the new year, as such I've not heard anything yet!

Jonty

I hear through the grape vine the dmi will start to be booked this month , fingers crossed , good luck all

MattyL

Unfortunately they delayed booking them in until the new year, as such I've not heard anything yet!
Maybe see that as a blessing in disguise, plenty of time to prep. I feel mine was rushed through and only had 4 days to prep whilst working and looking after a 2 year old, wasn't ideal!

Hopefully you guys will hear soon.

Daz1310

I hear through the grape vine the dmi will start to be booked this month , fingers crossed , good luck all
Hi Jonty

Hope you could help, I work for a different TOC congrats on your success. I applied for GA, with a response of an online assessment. Did you have to do this? and if so could you maybe help with any info on what it consists of
Many Thanks D

Kauntrilla

Hi,
Does anyone know the telephone number to speak to GA recruitment team.? Thanks in advance.
I have passed online SJT, psychometrics tests and MMI with another TOC.
Now GA have invited me to do online tests which link expires in 6 days. I have sent the recruitment an email to get examption from the tests except DMI and Medical but no response.

Twotwo

Hi,
Does anyone know the telephone number to speak to GA recruitment team.? Thanks in advance.
Now GA have invited me to do online tests which link expires in 6 days. I have sent the recruitment an email to get examption from the tests except DMI and Medical but no response.

You still have to sit their online assessments unfortunately. I passed with toc 1 and when I applied for toc 2 I still had to sit their online assessments and sjt.

Last edited:

Nuttygooner

Hi,

You still need to pass their online assessments, they differ from TOC to TOC.

The only information shared are the OPC/MMI and the driver assessments carried out in a controlled environment (where it's 2 strikes and out).

You have to do the tests over and over again, if you make multiple applications to different TOCs.

If you already did the tests for a different depot in the same recruitment campaign, I could very well understand, but each TOC keeps their own records. Just do the tests, if you passed them with another TOC, these should be a doddle.

Last edited:

Kauntrilla

Thank you for ur quick reply mates @Twotwo and @Nuttygooner . Much appreciated.
My other question is if i fail these online tests for some reason. e.g due to bad internet connection etc etc. Will it wipe out my online SJT and other assessment which i passed with my current TOC where i passed my psychometric tests and MMI? Thank you in advance

mresh91

Thank you for ur quick reply mates @Twotwo and @Nuttygooner . Much appreciated.
My other question is if i fail these online tests for some reason. e.g due to bad internet connection etc etc. Will it wipe out my online SJT and other assessment which i passed with my current TOC where i passed my psychometric tests and MMI? Thank you in advance
No

Jonty

Just the one online , then if successful you would usually be invited to a stage 1 Assesment day in Stratford.

jayjay213

Hi all,
I have my trainee depot driver assessment day next week. Im not really sure what to expect so if any Has done one of these before I would appreciate any tips and advice.

thanks

MattyL

Hi all,
I have my trainee depot driver assessment day next week. Im not really sure what to expect so if any Has done one of these before I would appreciate any tips and advice.

thanks
Hi Jayjay, i'm not sure if depot driver assessment is the same, i'm guessing it probably is, but i'd say just have a quick read of this thread as has a few tips, but overall i'd say just practice the material that you have been sent. If you practice this you'll be confident going into the assessment days. And just stay calm when doing the tests, don't rush them and if you make a mistake don't panic just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.