• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PML518

Heard from a couple of reliable sources that Greater Anglia will be recruiting again for Trainee Drivers in October. Does anyone else know of this or know any different?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mashud121

Mabe they are doing really parge recruitments to meet there new franchise commitments as new trains come in more drivers will be required.But not 100 percent.

MidlandsChap

Why would they do this when some people have not yet heard back from the May recruitment?

Mashud121

I would imagine if they need more drivers then it they would first contact the people who are still in the pool waiting i dont think it will be advertised until everyone hears back from last receuitment drive i dont know how GA operate but most companys would get back to everyone then advertise.Advertising a job and having more aplicants that you have to sift through when you already have loads wouldnt make sense.

Have you tried hr sally is really good to speak to.

It had crossed my mind but I'm always a little reluctant to pester HR over the phone as they are invariably (in the rail industry at least) very busy. I may fire them off an initial email and then follow it up with a phone call if I don't hear back. I'm guessing you've spoken to Sally before? She has been mentioned previously as being very helpful

Mashud121

Yes i have mate and have to say sally is brilliant.But keep fingers crossed they may get back to you soon from what i no they will need loads of drivers so if you are waiting then i suppose no news is good news but best of luck and hope you get the news your lookig for soon.

Yes i have mate and have to say sally is brilliant.But keep fingers crossed they may get back to you soon from what i no they will need loads of drivers so if you are waiting then i suppose no news is good news but best of luck and hope you get the news your lookig for soon.

Thanks a lot.. I have sent them an email so we will see what they say. I'm still 'under consideration' according the the recruitment portal which I suppose is something positive!

I'm guess you're hoping for a new recruitment drive?

Set_DRA

Heard from a couple of reliable sources that Greater Anglia will be recruiting again for Trainee Drivers in October. Does anyone else know of this or know any different?

Got a feeling it’s actually October start date and not the start of a new recruitment drive.

Set_DRA

It had crossed my mind but I'm always a little reluctant to pester HR over the phone as they are invariably (in the rail industry at least) very busy. I may fire them off an initial email and then follow it up with a phone call if I don't hear back. I'm guessing you've spoken to Sally before? She has been mentioned previously as being very helpful

Don’t email- definitely call!!!

Just had a reply to my email

"we are currently shortlisting candidates based off the highest scores from the online assessments"

And a polite request to continue to patient - whilst acknowledging that I have been so far.

Jobi-wan

Don't hold your breath... i'm still waiting to hear back about going to an assessment day for a depot driver's job from when i applied in october last year haha

Brian88

Don't hold your breath... i'm still waiting to hear back about going to an assessment day for a depot driver's job from when i applied in october last year haha
Same here. We will be in touch early 2018...

Smasher

There's four of us recently passed Mainline for GA, just the medical left for me with a start date 28 January 19. I know they were interviewing and deciding who was good enough for Mainline or depot driver. I think they are recruiting fairly heavily at the minute.

Gooner18

I applied also last October for the depot driver role , got the email regarding they will be in touch early this year, heard nothing and totally forgot about it , since then applied for London overground passed everything, then out of the blue got a Email about a month ago saying they are starting day 1 assessments in November , informed them that I have recently passed all the tests , got taken straight to DMi interview, managers were really nice and of me at ease during the interview, got a start date 7th January next year.
Have to agree with the above Sally is lovely and really helpful.

Oggs

See you there on the 7th Gooner18.
I too completed all my tests with Overground and wasn’t successful with the DMI.
GA their DMI was very much more relaxed and more putting the applicants at ease which I didn’t feel overground was.

Sally at HR is great and give her a ring PML518 good luck

BallastMonkey

There's four of us recently passed Mainline for GA, just the medical left for me with a start date 28 January 19. I know they were interviewing and deciding who was good enough for Mainline or depot driver. I think they are recruiting fairly heavily at the minute.

Do you mean that you know of 4 people including yourself who are starting in January?

Smasher

Although tempted to ask if I can go for Mainline lol
My understanding is that you will be interviewed and depending on your performance you will be offered the Mainline. I know one lad this year who applied for depot driver and got offered Mainline

Gooner18

My understanding is that you will be interviewed and depending on your performance you will be offered the Mainline. I know one lad this year who applied for depot driver and got offered Mainline

I ain’t to sure on that, I applied ages ago for the role of depot drover

Smasher

I ain’t to sure on that, I applied ages ago for the role of depot drover
You need to be patient. I waited about 4-5 months and others longer, before I heard about assessments. Then it all snowballed very quickly.

Gooner18

You need to be patient. I waited about 4-5 months and others longer, before I heard about assessments. Then it all snowballed very quickly.

Hello matey , I’ve got a start date of 7th as a trainee depot driver

Status
Not open for further replies.