• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies - Trainee Depot Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OneLowban

Hello OneLowban,

I have applied for the trainee mainline driver role. I applied for the role on the 11th and received an e-mail the following day with the SJT assessment. Is this a good thing? I also scored 11 on my application. Do you have any tips or advice please?

Thank you,

George
Hi, you do realise this is the depot driver thread?

I believe everyone gets the SJT, but yeah it’s still a good thing. I have checked my application form and didn’t have any ‘score’ shown on it.

For the SJT just answer as you would personally do. There is no guarantee on the answers even now.

Best of luck though.

(If this is for mainline, reply in the mainline thread for more help ;))

DepotDrive1

Hi OneLowban, can you help me please. If anyone asks you a question about Ilford or Southend Victoria depot drivers.

What would you know about these depots? It's a different world to West side. What advice would you give. Do you know what traction they sign? Do you know the roster? Have you ever worked as a depot driver?

OneLowban

Hi OneLowban, can you help me please. If anyone asks you a question about Ilford or Southend Victoria depot drivers.

What would you know about these depots? It's a different world to West side. What advice would you give. Do you know what traction they sign? Do you know the roster? Have you ever worked as a depot driver?
Not sure if you’re having a go at me or asking legit questions?

OneLowban

Oh right. I know Ilford had a 8 week working roster then 2 weeks off, continuous. Think Southend was the same. Although there was some sort of deal with the new trains coming in that the weeks would change to 4 day weeks, maybe someone else could clarify.

I’ve never worked as a depot driver myself.

Southend sign 321s as far as I know, that’s all I’ve ever seen down there.

Ilford I would imagine you sign 315, 317, 321, 360 and 379 as it is a maintainence yard with trains coming in from all over.

DepotDrive1

Oh right. I know Ilford had a 8 week working roster then 2 weeks off, continuous. Think Southend was the same. Although there was some sort of deal with the new trains coming in that the weeks would change to 4 day weeks, maybe someone else could clarify.

I’ve never worked as a depot driver myself.

Southend sign 321s as far as I know, that’s all I’ve ever seen down there.

Ilford I would imagine you sign 315, 317, 321, 360 and 379 as it is a maintainence yard with trains coming in from all over.
Hi you for to say that the two weeks off include 4 days Annual leave. You only get 5 floating days to take.
As you said you never worked the yard. So please don't give advice on something you don't know about. You missed a very important piece of traction, 08 pilot.
It be like me saying about LST West, Stortford. I know a lot of drivers from these depots including Cambridge. Still I would never give advice on any of these depots as I have never worked from them.

Last edited:

Joliver

Hi you for to say that the two weeks off include 4 days Annual leave. You only get 5 floating days to take.
As you said you never worked the yard. So please don't give advice on something you don't know about. You missed a very important piece of traction, 08 pilot.
It be like me saying about LST West, Stortford. I know a lot of drivers from these depots including Cambridge. Still I would never give advice on any of these depots as I have never worked from them.
Where did he say about taking 4 days annual leave? He's only trying to help, unlike you.

DepotDrive1

He didn't. That's my point. You get 20 Annual leave days built into the roster. With 5 floating days to take for yourself.
How can he be helpful when he only been on the job for 5 minutes?
Never worked at the depot or came through the process of depot driver to mainline driver. Spending years in all weather and all seasons in the yard.

If you're successful you ask these questions to the managers at the Competency based interview.

OneLowban

Jesus. I take it you’ve been trying to become mainline for a while?

All I’ve done here is direct 1 person to the mainline thread, I’m completely lost as to where you’re coming at me from to be honest.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Onelowban only said anything as you specifically asked him to!! He never gave advice about depot driving before that!

Joliver

My thoughts too!!

DepotDrive1

My thoughts too!!
Been mainline for past 15 years pal. Don't know what you are on about. My point is you are trying to offer advice at depots you never worked form or have no clue about. You may have turn up for the order traction course there.

All I’ve done here is direct 1 person to the mainline thread, I’m completely lost as to where you’re coming at me from to be honest.

My thoughts too!!

OneLowban

So what is your problem? All I’ve done here is post a link for jobs and direct someone to the mainline thread?

martin2345uk

Established Member
My point is you are trying to offer advice at depots you never worked form or have no clue about.

He/she hasn't "offered" any advice at all regarding depot driver jobs, so really can't see where you're coming from on this...

Lucien

He didn't. That's my point. You get 20 Annual leave days built into the roster. With 5 floating days to take for yourself.
How can he be helpful when he only been on the job for 5 minutes?
Never worked at the depot or came through the process of depot driver to mainline driver. Spending years in all weather and all seasons in the yard.

If you're successful you ask these questions to the managers at the Competency based interview.

The guy just posted a recruitment link. He isnt there for you to pick holes in the information he is stating is not set in stone beforehand.

Stigy

Established Member
Been mainline for past 15 years pal. Don't know what you are on about. My point is you are trying to offer advice at depots you never worked form or have no clue about. You may have turn up for the order traction course there.
No, @OneLowban has simply been helpful. You on the other hand need a MedScreen. Since you’ve only been a member since yesterday and all your posts have been in this thread, I can’t help but come to the conclusion you only joined to be disruptive?

Gooner18

No, @OneLowban has simply been helpful. You on the other hand need a MedScreen. Since you’ve only been a member since yesterday and all your posts have been in this thread, I can’t help but come to the conclusion you only joined to be disruptive?

Agreed

tunde

Hi everyone, I just received an online assessment link for this position even though I have all assessments stages with previous TOC. I have done DMI with one of TOC in which I failed, but after declaring in the form that I have passed the trainee assessment within last 6months, I taught I will just be move to DMI because East Midlands put on DMI straight.
I am just thinking this is not right, is thete anyone having the same issue.

OneLowban

You on the other hand need a MedScreen.
+1

Hi everyone, I just received an online assessment link for this position even though I have all assessments stages with previous TOC. I have done DMI with one of TOC in which I failed, but after declaring in the form that I have passed the trainee assessment within last 6months, I taught I will just be move to DMI because East Midlands put on DMI straight.
I am just thinking this is not right, is thete anyone having the same issue.
The online assessment will be the SJT that everyone does, if you have passed all of the psychometric tests get in contact with GA and let them know, you should go straight to DMI.

tunde

Thanks OneLowban, please do you have their contact. So that I can call them.

Timpg

No problem, I haven’t got an up to date number, but I have included Gooner18 in this quote who might be able to give you one.

Would they not check your psychometric passes on completion of the online sjt? I was tempted to give them a call but I didn’t want to hassle them lol!!!

Gooner18

No problem, I haven’t got an up to date number, but I have included Gooner18 in this quote who might be able to give you one.

You have to do the online test still , if you passed your tests to enhanced level and they are still valid you will probably go straight to DMi .
PM coming your way

OneLowban

Would they not check your psychometric passes on completion of the online sjt? I was tempted to give them a call but I didn’t want to hassle them lol!!!
Little nudge sometimes does a world of good. :smile: Yeah I totally get that but have heard a few stories of people just reminding them and it helping the process!

Timpg

Haha yea with you on that one. Would you wait until the results of the assessment 1st?

Stigy

Established Member
Yes, they should check automatically I believe....I’ve never had to do any pestering the few times I’ve applied to TOCs/FOCs as they seem quite on the ball with it.

Re the SJTs, Unless you’ve taken the SJT with the same TOC or one who’s under the same parent company within 6-months, you have to retake it unfortunately (for example I applied for SWR and took the SJT, and when I applied to GWR within 6-months I didn’t have to retake it). Once you get beyond that, you won’t have to take any assessments you’ve already passed as long as they passes are current regardless of the TOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.