• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Saunders

Cheers.

Already stuck a reminder on my calendar. And as you say best just forget about it until then.

Thanks for the heads up on the GB and TRP 1 & 2 tests.Do you know how many sheets you have to go through on the GB test? Is it like groups of 4 dots then another sheet of groups of 3 dots for example. Or is it one sheet? And is it 2 minutes per sheet? TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NJS71

Thanks for the heads up on the GB and TRP 1 & 2 tests.Do you know how many sheets you have to go through on the GB test? Is it like groups of 4 dots then another sheet of groups of 3 dots for example. Or is it one sheet? And is it 2 minutes per sheet? TIA

The actual test sheet is one big sheet about the size of 3 A4 sheets. It has 5 sections of dots. Each section is lines of mixed dots, groups of 3, 4, 5, 6 dots. You pick out the groups of 4 dots only.

Download the group bourdon tool from this site and print some sheets off to practice.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/group-bourdon-tool.156417/

Lee Saunders

Thanks for the heads up on GB test and TRP1 & 2. Do you know how many sheets you have to go through on the GB test? Is it like groups of 4 dots then another sheet of groups of 3 dots for example. Or is it one sheet? And is it 2 minutes per sheet? TIA
The actual test sheet is one big sheet about the size of 3 A4 sheets. It has 5 sections of dots. Each section is lines of mixed dots, groups of 3, 4, 5, 6 dots. You pick out the groups of 4 dots only.

Download the group bourdon tool from this site and print some sheets off to practice.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/group-bourdon-tool.156417/
Ok will do thanks for that. How long do you get to do this test?

OneLowban

All this Group Bourdon talk I honestly can’t remember getting more than 4-5 lines out of what looked like around 8-10 in each section, anyone else or just me?

Passed at enhanced too, feel like I’m going mad or have a bad memory of the GB. :lol:

Lady P

All this Group Bourdon talk I honestly can’t remember getting more than 4-5 lines out of what looked like around 8-10 in each section, anyone else or just me?

Passed at enhanced too, feel like I’m going mad or have a bad memory of the GB. :lol:
When I did practice papers at home I had 26 lines to do on an A4 page. When I first started practicing I was getting 8 lines with errors. By the time I went for assessment about 12 lines spot on. On assessment day there were a lot less lines and felt a loss less intimidating and I also passed advanced

OneLowban

When I did practice papers at home I had 26 lines to do on an A4 page. When I first started practicing I was getting 8 lines with errors. By the time I went for assessment about 12 lines spot on. On assessment day there were a lot less lines and felt a loss less intimidating and I also passed advanced
Maybe it wasn’t me then, sounds like you had some good practice!

Roy Gill

Can I ask what GLOP stands for?

I have no assessment date but just trying to do as everyone else and practice Incase I do get notification.

Twotwo

Can I ask what GLOP stands for?

I have no assessment date but just trying to do as everyone else and practice Incase I do get notification.

Reading about the topic isn't going to help you. Just be patient and wait for an assesment date and they will email you pratice material. Just learn how to take in important information and summarise key points.

Timpg

Although I can’t remember what GLOP stands for. It is a piece of on track machinery that is used to apply some sort of chemical/ adhesive to the track ( if memory serves me correctly). You will read a passage about how the machine works and the process used. Then you will answer a series of multiple choice questions.

Roy Gill

Reading about the topic isn't going to help you. Just be patient and wait for an assesment date and they will email you pratice material. Just learn how to take in important information and summarise key points.

I appreciate what you said Twotwo but as other practice material was in the form of DFFP, TRRP and so on i thought GLOP was another one.

Arthurjack

Hi has anyone else got an assessment day booked ? I received an email a while back to ask if I had ever I attended assessments but nothing since

Roy Gill

Hi has anyone else got an assessment day booked ? I received an email a while back to ask if I had ever I attended assessments but nothing since

No I've not heard anything, but it appears that others got the same email.
they must be sifting through still.

yomper11

Good morning all, I am new to the forum, applied to GA for this recruitment drive and I've got my day one assesment day on the 27th June.

I have been practising all of what was sent to me.and doing the SCAAT and GB tests that were put on the sticky, I'm achieving about 50 completed rows, 1320 cells but have 4 targets omitted and 2 wrong which I think, from what I read on the forums , isn't enough to get an enhanced pass , can anyone advise me better.

Thank you.

train_lover

Good morning all, I am new to the forum, applied to GA for this recruitment drive and I've got my day one assesment day on the 27th June.

I have been practising all of what was sent to me.and doing the SCAAT and GB tests that were put on the sticky, I'm achieving about 50 completed rows, 1320 cells but have 4 targets omitted and 2 wrong which I think, from what I read on the forums , isn't enough to get an enhanced pass , can anyone advise me better.

Thank you.

The key to passing the GB test to not to make any mistakes. You have more chance of passing if you slow down a little.

yomper11

Hi,

Thanks, if I slow down I'm realistically only achieving about 7- 8 lines per sheet with zero mistakes, and I think, again from what I read , that's not enough, or is it the case it's not the lines that are the issue it's all about mistakes and omissions ?

ratbag

Hi,

Thanks, if I slow down I'm realistically only achieving about 7- 8 lines per sheet with zero mistakes, and I think, again from what I read , that's not enough, or is it the case it's not the lines that are the issue it's all about mistakes and omissions ?
If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply for the trainee driver role?

DaveK83

Seems this is the role I’ve applied for as well. Popped up on my phone yesterday, I answered the questionnaire and added my CV. Received an online assessment email invite this morning.

strangemonk

I passed GB to enhanced standard today and I can tell you I got down 10/11 lines per page and there was only a maximum of 14 lines per page.

Lee Saunders

Has anyone got a picture of what the GB test looks like? I’ve tried a thread on here from way back but it’s just spam. I’ve been told it’s 2 minutes per page (5 pages) 10 mins in total and a respectable score is 7 lines per page with no mistakes?

yomper11

Has anyone got a picture of what the GB test looks like? I’ve tried a thread on here from way back but it’s just spam. I’ve been told it’s 2 minutes per page (5 pages) 10 mins in total and a respectable score is 7 lines per page with no mistakes?

Go to the jobs and careers section on the home page, open it up and look right at the top in the stickies section, the GB sticky is there, open it on a PC ( It wont work on a mac ) and download it, you can print them off as well as do the tests on screen.

Lee Saunders

Go to the jobs and careers section on the home page, open it up and look right at the top in the stickies section, the GB sticky is there, open it on a PC ( It wont work on a mac ) and download it, you can print them off as well as do the tests on screen.
I have tried but can’t see it. What does sticky refer to? Lol

Last edited:

yomper11

I have tried but can’t see it. What does sticky refer to? Lol

It's the section that says group bordon test, open that up go down about 4 posts , I think , and theres a comment with a download option for the group bordon test.

Lee Saunders

5119196A-F3C5-4B8A-AD85-06636AECD6DA.png Yes that’s the one I tried before and this comes up. Laptop not working now so can’t download it. Think il try getting one off amazon. Cheers
It's the section that says group bordon test, open that up go down about 4 posts , I think , and theres a comment with a download option for the group bordon test.[/QUOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.