• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

strangemonk

Has anyone got a picture of what the GB test looks like? I’ve tried a thread on here from way back but it’s just spam. I’ve been told it’s 2 minutes per page (5 pages) 10 mins in total and a respectable score is 7 lines per page with no mistakes?

For national standard that’s likely the score but enhanced is closer to 9/10/11 no mistakes and under 5 ommisons

strangemonk

What was the score on your application?

The assessor isn’t allowed to share what you scored or how many you got wrong all they can give you feedback on is if you met the standard of national or enhanced and if you fail tips on improving was you slow was you inaccurate and missed loads etc.

There’s no official mark that’s known outside the OPC. However it’s been formulated it’s between 8-12 lines for a enhanced score with no mismarked dots and minimal omissions.

Realistically aim for 10/11 lines, 10 being most achievable without mistakes and 1/2 omissions per 5 pages

Mabs

Reading about the topic isn't going to help you. Just be patient and wait for an assesment date and they will email you pratice material. Just learn how to take in important information and summarise key points.

Are we allowed to make notes on scrap paper?

Mabs

Yes you can make notes but these are taken from you once the questions start.

If they take the paper then the test will be hard. I don't have any rail experience so if the article during testimg is about the trains and rail then it will be more harder for me to understand and store information quickly.

I work in a prison and if I read an article bout prison then most of the information I would remember. I feel it's more harder for external candidates and it could be unfair disadvantage.

OneLowban

If they take the paper then the test will be hard. I don't have any rail experience so if the article during testimg is about the trains and rail then it will be more harder for me to understand and store information quickly.

I work in a prison and if I read an article bout prison then most of the information I would remember. I feel it's more harder for external candidates and it could be unfair disadvantage.
To be fair it’s meant to be hard, if they didn’t it would be easy. 8-)

You do not need railway experience, I didn’t. It’s more the colour of things, the order of things, location, amount, etc. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be. Make key bullet points is my advice.

Teddyward

It’s not designed to catch you out. It’s designed to test if you can take information in and process it. Having prior knowledge of the railway has no bearing on any of the psychometric tests.

yomper11

Same as you. GLOP.

So anyone going on the assessment day stage 1. Learn about GLOP. What it is, what triggers it, switch colour, box colour, who etc.

Tried looking up GLOP etc, any pointers for material relating to this, is it a paragraph about what gets sprayed onto the tracks?

OneLowban

Tried looking up GLOP etc, any pointers for material relating to this, is it a paragraph about what gets sprayed onto the tracks?
It’s a few paragraphs about the process and what it does etc.

I would advise anyone to just relax and wait until the day, read the paragraphs, make short bullets points of what you think is key information and just try to remember.

I would also advise to make the notes based on numbers, colours, locations of things, things that you could be easily asked a question on i.e. what colour is X? Or where is X located?

Mabs

It’s a few paragraphs about the process and what it does etc.

I would advise anyone to just relax and wait until the day, read the paragraphs, make short bullets points of what you think is key information and just try to remember.

I would also advise to make the notes based on numbers, colours, locations of things, things that you could be easily asked a question on i.e. what colour is X? Or where is X located?

Thanx, that's really helpful.

Ellen S

Does anyone know how long it takes Greater anglia to let you know if you passed the 1st assessment centre? I passed the three tests in the morning but now have to wait to find out if I passed the 2 afternoon tests.

Mabs

Does anyone know how long it takes Greater anglia to let you know if you passed the 1st assessment centre? I passed the three tests in the morning but now have to wait to find out if I passed the 2 afternoon tests.

Well done for the 1st part and good luck for the afternoon tests.

Jonty

Hi guys did anyone do there sjt on an iPad ? Also is this a one shot only test or does the clock stop if you come out of it ? Taa

Highflyrailwayguy

I done tests back in 2016 is there anyway I can get prove if the tests I passed?

Did it have all stations? I seem to remember choosing stations that were close to me but GA didn’t even have a Depot there?

I did my assessments with Arriva but when I applied for GA they had to ‘check that my test scores were to their standard’.
my test

OneLowban

Hi guys did anyone do there sjt on an iPad ? Also is this a one shot only test or does the clock stop if you come out of it ? Taa
I would do it on a PC/Laptop in one go.

I done tests back in 2016 is there anyway I can get prove if the tests I passed?

my test
Maybe ask the OPC or just apply for trainee roles and the TOC will tell you the tests you need to do.

Jonty

Hi , Can anyone give any advice on timeframe after sjt to next stage of recruitment process , taa

Spacegirl

Hi , Can anyone give any advice on timeframe after sjt to next stage of recruitment process , taa
There is no time frame, you just keep checking your emails everyday and hopefully one day that special email will come. In the meantime you need to know people have been waiting months and months. There’s no guarantee they will ever get back to us

Lee Saunders

I done the SJT on the 2nd May and passed, still saying application is under review. When I found out I passed that part I was really excited for the next stage, I was told it would be a couple of months via the online chat, but I’m not relying on it now after some of the comments I’ve seen on here, just got to be patient and hope for that email.

Jonty

I done the SJT on the 2nd May and passed, still saying application is under review. When I found out I passed that part I was really excited for the next stage, I was told it would be a couple of months via the online chat, but I’m not relying on it now after some of the comments I’ve seen on here, just got to be patient and hope for that email.

Yes it does seem very hit and miss , well fingers crossed everyone :)

ratbag

Did GA ask you if you had previously passed any parts of the assessment?

Update: Had my first assessments on the 7th and now have the second assessments tomorrow. Little nervous about the MMI but I’m sure il be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.